Thread: Scared...

Tiffany. Guest

Default Scared...

After I pee-d, there was this odd light brownish, thick (almost, TMI, "jelly -like") substance when I wiped. What's this? I'm pretty freaked out. Could it just be an infection? Thoughts, please...

-Tiffany

mizzsocial Guest

Its not uncommon to have a little spotting while pregnant.. the only time to be concerned is if its bright red and there are cramps along with it!! If it was just a brown glob, then try not to stress!! Just mention it to your doctor next time you are there!!

Tiffany. Guest

It was more white, than brown. It was more tan. I'm thinking it might be a yeast infection... But I can't stop worrying. Everything I post here is pretty much me worrying. Ahh, I'm hopeless. :smt022

Tiffany, we all worry when we're pregnant (and then when the little darlings are born we keep right on worrying). I used to get a tiny bit of brownish discharge after BDing when I was pregnant last time. When I asked the midwife about it she said that it was probably just a tiny bit of blood from the cervix so it wasn't a worry. If its bright red or has clots in it then you should get to a Dr ASAP. It might be worth making an appointment with your care provider so they can check it out and put your mind at ease a bit.

Tiffany. Guest

Thank you, datchlostar. You're right about the worrying part; it's never going to stop. But after the baby's born... I'm going to feel so relieved. The idea of losing a precious child is unbearable. Now that I'm not freaking out, and nice and calm, I'm pretty sure everything's fine. I don't have any pains (other than the hungry tummy I'm now feeding large amounts of yogurt to). Just need to stay optomistic.

Again, thanks. This site is so helpful!

glad you are feeling better about it tiffany. i have had slight discolouration quite a bit during pg, not to mention more CM than ever before also.

Linda

Hi

I had light bronish discharge when i wiped at 5 weeks and of course I panicked and expected the worst, bt nothing else happened. My doctor told me that it is perfectly normal and told me to stop scrutinising the toilet paper every time I go to the toilet, the only time you need to worry is if there is bright red blood and you are cramping.

I'm sure its just normal for you