Thread: Second Time Around

Default Second Time Around

Is there anyone out there who is having their second baby after a long gap? My daughter was born in August 2000, and I am now almost 12 weeks pg with my second. I also have a 6 yo step daughter, so life is full of complexities, but always fun!

I wanted to find out if anyone showed a lot earlier with their second? With my first, I was about 4 months before I got the slightest tummy, but with this one, I have been struggling to hide it since about 9 weeks!

Jo

Chloe - 6/4/00
    Jasmyn - 11/8/00
    Due - 21/3/07

Hi JoMarie,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I know I just responded on a similar sounding thread, but can't for the life of me find it! In that thread I said that I am showing already too! Lots of other women also have experienced this the second time around. Maybe someone cleverer than me can see it and link it here.

Hi Jomarie,
    Yes you do feel it quicker second time around! I had a 6 years between children. Now i am 16 weeks preg with my 3rd and i "popped" alot earlier than my 2nd! I hope to see you around the forums, and congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Jen

yeah i have popped out earlier too this time around. My DS was born in 2000 aswell. i was younger and fitter back then. 6 years on the body got a bit stretched first time around, lost all my elasticity. lol. what can ya do???

Default Thanks

Thanks all I thought my tummy was pretty flat, especially as I had my daughter 6 years ago! But never mind...I am so very glad we are telling people this weekend so that I don't have to keep wearing a huge jacket!

The other thing I am experiencing differnelty this time is cravings. I feel as though I could eat sugar straight from the bowl this week! I didn't have any sweet cravings with Jas, just steak and avocado on toast with vegemite!

JoMarie, although this is my first, I had a perfectly flat tummy too. Had. I noticed I was "getting a bit of a podge" at about 7w, before I knew I was pg so tried to do more situps to get rid of it (although DH said he didn't notice a difference... he thought I was that fat normally?) and "popped" at 12w, although only ONE person has called it a bump who isn't close family, everyone else points out their podge is bigger than my baby belly! I think it's hard going from very flat to "a bit podgy" and you notice it earlier anyway.

JoMarie - i had the most unbelievable sweet cravings when pg with my dd - i'm surprised i didn't turn diabetic or something. My thing was picklets with jam and cream....oh yeah - and boy oh boy did i eat some!!!!

JoMarie - I'm looking fatter but not a bump as such yet but I'm sure it will happen earlier for me this time. I didnt' look p/g until around 5-6m first time around! hehe.
    First time around I craved kfc chips and a lot of carbs - this time more sweets definitely.