Thread: severe cramping pain

Default severe cramping pain

Last night I had really severe cramps that went from lower tum to tush. It was incredibly sharp and strong and moved up my chest as well. I couldn't stand straight, sitting hurt and getting up was impossible. After about 5 mins (felt longer) the sharpness and severity of the pain subsided but there remained a constant pain for ages -- at least an hour. I used a wheat bag and drank copious amounts of water ... eventually was better ...

Sorry if I am being paranoid ... is this normal? (BTW I'm at 7wks)

Thanks,
    n

Nox
    Some pain is normal but not to the degree that you describe. I am guessing that you did not have any bleeding because I think you would have mentioned that.
    Without being able to examine you it is difficult for me to be sure what was causing the pain but I think it would be a good idea to get it checked out.

OK thanks Alan ... doesn't sound great, does it. I will get it checked out tomorrow with my GP.

If there was no bleeding then it dosen't sound too bad. It could be something not related o your pregnancy. Don't loose hope just yet. Please let me know how you go

Thank you, I will let you know.
    There was no bleeding at all, so as you say, I will wait to see

I also have had some pain, more like a constant ache for several hours. That was last Friday and there hasn't been any bleeding so I am sure that it is all part of the process.

Thought I'd just add my 'two bob' I had quite bad and constant pain from 5 weeks to 8 weeks. I was told it was alot of stretching of muscles and ligaments. It was very uncomfortable and I would even say painful at times. But have had nothing since the start of the 9th week. (M/S has made up for it instead).
    Hope all is well.

Thank you all so much for your comments and support.

I went to my GP yesterday and she was concerned particularly as I lost any pg symptoms -- like no other soreness etc. So she got me an U/S app this morning.

All is totally fine -- saw baby's heart beat, fast and very healthy!! Turns out that I am further along (slightly) in my pg than I thought too!

Very happy and relieved. They saw a cyst on my ovary which could explain the pain I had.

*sigh*

Thanks again everyone!

n

thats great news..

Nox thats great news! This isnt like what you have described but I thought I would mention it anyway. I have been getting sharp stabbing pains when I walk the dog just above my bum. Someone mentioned to be that it could be a nerve??? Maybe your pregnancy has made one of your nerves flare up. I dont even know if that is at all possible haha but just thought I would put it out there!

That is great news , i am so pleased all is ok.