Thread: Sex & Sneezing

Default Sex & Sneezing

Can anyone shed some light on the sex during pregnancy topic. Some people say no, others say yes, others say only in the second & third trimester.......what's safe?

Also, is it a wives tale that sneezing is bad for the baby and can cause m/c?
    I know that if I do sneeze the contraction of my abdominals sometimes causes a twinge in the ovary region that feels wrong. Is that someting to worry about or are little bubbas more resilient than that??

As Emma said sex if perfectly normal during pregnancy. You only need to avoid it if your ob/dr/mw said you should avoid it. I had a case of bleeding from the cervix early on after we had sex but we just needed to avoid it for 2 weeks until I healed and everything was fine after that.

As for sneezing, I was careful not to sneeze too hard just for my own peace of mind but I don't think it does anything either.

Both of these things are normal. I hope this helps.

Yes sex if safe unless your caregiver says otherwise. I had DTD the day before i m/c last time but i believe it was a coinsidence. So far i've DTD 3 times and i'm 7 weeks tomorrow and bubby is still going strong.

I agree with all the girls.
    You go and enjoy yourself.

Sneezing is not a problem. It will not harm your baby.