Thread: Sex when pregnant?

Default Sex when pregnant?

I'm sure its been asked before, and apologies if I am the thousandth person to ask..

But is it ok to have inercourse when pregnant? I would have thought it would be fine too, but just want to know other peoples thought on it?
    Even though my bub is still so tiny can intercourse damage it?

Feel so silly asking, but DH has just asked me. I told him its probably ok, but just have to ask to be sure

Bubs will be fine. He is protected by amniotic fluid and nice and cushioned. It is only unsafe if you bleed after sex or if your placenta is right over your cervix - which at about 5 weeks the placenta really isn't all that big yet. Bleeding after sex does not mean that you'll miscarry, only that further sex isn't a great idea. At least that's what my pregnancy book says.

Just count yourself lucky you have a DH who still finds you attractive whilst pregnant. Mine doesn't find me "wonderfully um" any more!

I have to agree with what Ryn has said.

My DH has been very unlucky and has been banned from sex but that is only because i have had 3 miscarriages. If it wasn't for them then we would be having sex.

Awesome, thanks for the info I think DH was worried that he might hurt it if we had sex.

Ryn, I'm sure you'll be a yummy mummy, lol!
    I dont look pregnant yet, obviously since I'm only 5 weeks!

LOL Emma, that's how I feel now - totally off it, so it's encouraging to know I might be back into the swing of things (so to speak) soon!

I lose my mojo, so to speak, while pregnant which is unfortunate for DH but I can't help it! It's like the mind is willing but my body doesn't want to cooperate. Sometimes things work, sometimes not. But it is safe to have sex, if you want to!

Bon - I'm totally there with you.....mind is willing but body isn't! Ach!
    Karina - use while you have it!

Sex is fine as the others have said, as long as you have not been medically restricted from it.
    With all my pregnancies after the first, I have been on a total ban from sex, as it causes bleeds (alot) and I start to contract.
    So that explains why my hubby asked "is it time to sit outside the cave and howl yet? " when he wanted to know if I got a lol