Thread: Sharp Pains

JoJo Guest

Default Sharp Pains

Hi, i'm 10.5 weeks pg with twins and today I have been experiencing at times sharp pains down the side of my abdomen and other times just a dull ache on the side- not down low, but right on my right hand side. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I am worried it could be symptoms of miscarriage.

Any thoughts?

It sounds like round ligament pain to me. This usually doesn't show up until a little later, but since you are carrying twins, it would probably happen earlier. It is the ligaments that support the uterus stretching as the uterus grows.
    But, by all means, mention it to your doctor at your next visit, or give the office a call and see if they would like you to come in and have it checked out more closely.
    Congratulations and all the best!

heidi Guest

Hi JoJo,

I'm just over 10 wks with one and I do get twinges now and then. But I remember reading about them in one of my books just yesterday - it suggested lying on the side which is painful to relieve the pain. I think it was in "what to expect when you're expecting". It said it could be quite sharp at times and take your breath away for a moment or something or achey. And yeah, it had something to do with ligaments stretching. Sorry for the vagueness - just remember reading something and thought i'd mention it.

But I agree with mama of 2 - would definitely talk to your doctor so you don't worry/stress about it. Congratulations on twins!

wow twins how exciting!!! sorry this has nothing to do with ur q i am just writting to say congrats on the twins!!!! lol sorry i am an idiot

Hi JoJo
    I also think it sounds like ligament pain

JoJo Guest

Thanks guys, a little nervous I guess and since they are my first I don't really know what to expect.:-) I had also had a few weeks of bleeding early in the pregnancy so probably over-worrying about little things.