Thread: Should i go by my 12 week due date???

Default Should i go by my 12 week due date???

Hi,

I had my 12 week ultrasound today (even though im 11wks5days). Ultrasound showed i was 12wks2days. Do you think the 12 week ultrasound would give a more accurate due date than what my 8 week ultrasound would? Should i consider my due date a little earlier?

I know 4 days may not seem like much - but believe me, near due date it will mean the world........

I also know 90% of babies do NOT arrive on their apparent due date, but like i said before, 4 days can mean a lifetime in your last stages.....

suggestions??

Lee-Ann Guest

I went for my u/s at 14 weeks and the scan said I was a week further along but I wasn't 100% sure when my last AF was, I knew I got it earlier than expected but I still took it from the end of the month, but the dates on the scan said I was in fact a week further along which added up when I worked out that had I got my AF earlier as I knew I had I would be a week further along, so I've gone by the u/s dates and at my 22 week scan the dates still matched up so I'm pretty sure the u/s is correct so I've gone by their dates.

Melinda Guest

Do you have regular cycles? If so, go by the dates of your last AF. Scan 'dates' are all based on averages and of course, all babies grow at different rates. So whilst you say you are 11w5d, but are measuring 12w2d, this just means that according to the 'averages', your baby is measuring a few days ahead.

Sal Guest

Hi Mbear, the earlier scans are more accurate as to due date. And remember that all the scans, even the early ones, have at least a +/- 3 days variability in them. So go with your earlier scan due date.

i fell pregnant after two weeks off the pill. Conceived DD straight away too, so really unsure of length of cycles.
    I think your right, Melinda, bubs is just measuring above their average for 11wks5days.....

Thanks muchly....

I had my twelve week scan and was told i was due the 18th jan, and my dates were the 12th jan, so i'm going by the 18th. But Jules was almost 3 weeks early so i don't really care. It'll come when it wants too.

My scan at 12 weeks said I was a week ahead of what we thought. All my Dr's have gone with the 12 week date. Then it was confirmed at the 19 week.

If you have had the 8 week scan I would go with that - though I'd be tempted to take the other because it brings it forward!!

I had a dating scan at 5 wks and they said today at my 12 week scan, that I measured about 3 days earlier, but they wont change it as the earlier scan is more accurate.

I cant go by my LMP as I ovulated so late, but I know when I ovulated and goign by that I should be about 11 weeks today - so I won't be surprised if I go over the due date. (Fertility Friend knows best!)

I was charting for 6 months prior to TTC so I knew my dates exactly. My due date was 14/7 and was changed to 11/7 because Amy was 3 days ahead at the 12 week scan. We changed the due date to 11/7 and she was born on 4/7.

i have heard that the earliest scan is the most accurate, as that is when there is the most development going on,

Linda

I had a dating scan as my cycle length had been quite irregular even though i had been charting i was not positive of the date of ovulation. My last missed period indicated hendrix would have been due on the 7 July, the first dating scan said 3rd July and subsequent said 1 july. I went with 1 july although later in pregnancy regretted that as i thought if he came super late i could have been induced when in fact he wouldnt have been overdue at all (as well as the pyschological aspect of going over the EDD). Thankfully Hendrix was born on the 26 June so he came quite a bit earlier than the EDD from the LMP.

I'm with you all - according to my LMP and my first US at 5 weeks - I should be 15 weeks today - however at my 11 week scan it put me back 4 days.....which in the wonderful world of pregnancy seems to be "forever" - based upon what I have read here today - I'm going back to the original dates.....

Besides I always wanted a baby born on Australia Day - any excuse for a BBQ \/ - here's hoping these dates are right O