Thread: should i see doctor? (TMI)

Default should i see doctor? (TMI)

well i am 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant now and today i went to the toilet i noticed that i had a small clump of something on my knickers. it was a whitish-clear, substance and it was sort of 'snot like'. i havent had any pain in abdomen, though i have had pretty bad pain in buttock and centre of lower back for about a week. should i be worried about an early miscarrage? i have a doctors appointment next thursday but should i see doctor earlier? the only thing that i can think of that i have done differently is i had sex last night for the first time in ages. any advice?

Hi Hollo,

If you are worried then see your doctor, but it sounds normal to me. It could either be, umm 'left overs' from last night or an increase in CM which is completely normal in PG.

HTH!

It sounds pretty normal to me too. Your CM can increase in pregnancy. If you are really worried or it is pink/red stained go to your dr.

I have noticed with this pg I have had an increase in cm too..

Fee Guest

Sounds like CM to me … I've been getting some CM which is like EWCM. Maybe that's what it is?

Tamara Guest

Sounds normal to me too I was reading one of my books it is possibly caused from increased blood flow in the cervix, this in turn leads to increased mucus production. All common in about week 8

But if your still worried I would ask the doctor

Hi Hollo

Dont worry hun. It's just an increase in CM and quite normal.

thanks everyone. its amazing how much i worry about stuff now that i am pregnant, and the funny thing is i bet i still worry once the baby is born!!! i think i will just wait to tell the doctor about it at my next appointment. thanks for the advice and reassurance. can i just ask though, what does CM actually stand for, i can figure out what it means but cant seem to find it on the abbreviations thread or anything.

thanks again.

CM = cervical mucous