Thread: Sleeping & back pain

babyinmybelly Guest

Default Sleeping & back pain

Hello.
    I'm 12weeks pregnant & this is my first pregnancy. Lastnight I had trouble sleeping because I can no longer lay on my stomach (which is the ONLY way I used to sleep) because my Boobies really hurt & it also hurts my tummy. Then I can't lay on my back because of the vein, even though I'm not that bg but I still worry. Then my sister who's 26 weeks says its not good to lie on your right side cos you squash stuff which only leaves the left & I can't alwasy stay that way cos I always move around. Arrghh! I am so frustrated. So any suggestions on sleeping.
    Also I have really annoying lower back pain today & slight cramping. Is this normal? Is it just stretching & what not. I also feel some pains on my pubic bone???

laying on either side is fine

Grab some extra pillows and stuff them in front of you and behind you. This should help you feel a bit more "secure" and comfortable. try putting a pillow between your legs as this should help too.

A body pillow (a longgggg one) may be helpful

babyinmybelly Guest

Yeah thankyou I'll try that!

It would probably help to if my husband was outta the bed so I'd have more room. haha.
    Geez I'm complaining now, hate to see what I'll be like when I'm bigger.

believe it or not, it actually got better for me as i got bigger. I kicked DH out of our bed around 8 weeks. We put a single bed next to our bed (it was the same height) so we were still in the same bed iykwim?

But soon I got so big that I didnt roll over as much and toss and turn...basically because it wasn't as easy anymore!

Now we are back in the same queen bed, and I dont even need the pillows anymore cos Im stuck in the one position ..such a whale!

I have the same problem here. I am almost nine weeks, and I can relate to your complaints.... in addition to that, I also suffer from poor night sleeps as I am constantly getting up going to the bathroom... I find that if you raise your feet up during your sleep, it also helps! In any case, having extra pillows are great as I am constantly shifting to adjust a comfty position... So, keep extra pillows by you and try raising your feet up as this promotes circulation!