Thread: Sleeping Habits

Default Sleeping Habits

When i'm sleeping, if DP tries to cuddle me or hold my hand or something - he says I sh9ut at him, and move away and don't let him touch me!

I am absoultely horrified, because I love cuddles and am quite affectionate when i'm awake!

Has anyone else found this?

I'm not sure if there's something in my brain being really over protective because of the baby?

Any ideas??? 8-[

It depends. Sometimes I want cuddles, other times I just need my space. I think Gwen that it changes, sometimes you need closeness but other times you need to have your space - afterall there's so many things squiched up inside, who wants to be squished on the outside too LOL

LOL........we were having this exact same "discussion" earlier........Andrew was telling me that I "get really ****ty" in my sleep with him when he tries to cuddle me.

This happened in my last pregnancy too.

I think there are a few reasons for it, for me............

~ When Andrew is asleep/dozy, he can "grab" at me, and I think I must be terrified of him hurting the baby in some way. I'm sure this would never happen, but perhaps in my sleep I am totally over protective.

~ I feel the heat a lot at the best of times, but when pregnant really get very hot, plus we live in a v.hot climate, so I have the air-con on the lowest temp all night, & Andrew gets cold so tries to cuddle up, but I still feel really hot, so don't want him anywhere near me!

lol! What a nightmare!!

I just wish I wasn't so mean to him in my sleep!

I think you're both right though, and I do get waaay too hot once i warm up! O

LOL... I remember being the same... so, so cranky everytime DP's hot hand touched me during the night. Being PG in summer is no fun!!

You girls are soo lucky to be having your summer now! It's still icy here at night especially :-({|= lol

Oh, how I would love for a bit of UK chilly weather!

I would LOVE to be able to have a relationship with a duvet again!

I am SO over 32`c and humid every day of the bloody year..............

Ooh I dunno Welshgirl!! Last summer when I was pg I would have gladly given an arm and a leg to be where you are!!
    40 degree days when pg are absolute hell!! I will never forget it!! Hopefully next time I can plan a bit better with the timing, lol!

My DH mainly stays away from me at night because he said that I almost burnt him one time because I am so hot (that's what it felt like to him). He is generally warm so if we cuddled the bed would probably be too hot/sweaty to sleep in.

I can't stand any pressure on my belly at the moment but hopefully that will change.

Gemma.

Yep - the hot thing with me too!!

DH will be all rugged up with blankies and I am sweating like a pig!!

Also, cuddles here means coming over my side of the bed and giving me NO ROOM!!!

You're not alone!!

Best wishes

Welshgirl

I am just like you, although didnt realise it until DH complained, but I am always hot!

However, I have fixed the problem now, I have 2 body pillows, one on each side, so that DH can snuggle but not too close, its worked really well so far, except that half the time he tries to steal my pillow.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Gwen, I am jealous. DH never tries to cuddle up to me in the middle of the night. He gets really hot at night (he has a sheet over him while I have the regular doona) so he doesn't like a lot of snuggling. Apart from the fact that he is about as affectionate as a rock lately, he hasn't snuggled up to me since we were first going out.
    Come to think of it though, I would push him away after a while because I do need my space in bed so perhaps I conditioned him in some way?

Still, I wouldn't be worried about pushing your DH away - so long as he doesn't take it personally and realises that it's just your "asleep" reaction. We all need our space, right?

I don't get cuddles in the night either. DH is always very hot and I would just make it worse. I do however get lots of cuddles and kisses during the day so I figure that that makes up for it.