Thread: Sleeplesness during the night

Default Sleeplesness during the night

All - ever since I found out I've been pregnant, I've been getting up at least twice during the night for the standard going to the loo, but also just waking up for no reason. The trouble is, I can't get back to sleep.

This has NEVER happened to me - I'm a very good (and heavy might I add) sleeper!

Should I just put this down to pregnancy hormones?

I'm finding this too - also DH's breathing/snoring is keeping me awake - poor bloke slept on the couch last night. I was also wondering if its a common first tri thing (can't remember this happing when I was pg with DS)

That happened to me when I was pg with DS and I'm suspecting its the reason its been happening the past few nights too.

When i was pregnant with DD i was sleeping horribly.

When i asked the ob about it she said it was mother nature! You're body getting ready for the baby. Getting you used to waking up constantly during the night for nappy changes, feeds, cuddles, play time (haha) etc

With me it settled down in 2nd tri, but the 3rd was incredible! I'd wake constantly!!

good luck!

okay now i'm freaking out.
    only found out we were UTD yesterday and 3am this morning, BAM! wide awake. stayed up for more than an hour variously lying awake and ending up on the puter before i could go back to sleep about 4.30am.
    as a result hideously tired now.
    i'm hoping it was a one-off from the excitement of yesterday.... hmmm... but usually a very good sleeper....
    apparently i'm a "very cranky wiffy" without my beauty time!

I am having heaps of trouble with sleep. It takes me a couple of hours to actually get to sleep and then I wake regularly for no reason and just can't fall back.

Also the bloody night terrors kicked in last night - really strange, I only ever have them when I am pregnant, DH ran in (he was sleeping on the couch) to me at 130am screaming my head off in my sleep - DS2 was asleep in bed next to me, no idea how it did not wake him up!!

Yep another here with sleeplessness. I get up 1-2 times a night to go to the loo but then I wake up at odd times like 5am this morning and cannot go back to sleep at all - despite being really tired.

I have also started having spider dreams again - you know the ones you are in bed its night time (but you can see) then all of a sudden there is a big hairy spider on your pillow. I literally dove out of bed and stood there next to my bed for a minute before I realised it was a dream - scared dh out of his wits

What tellytubby explained is exactly what happened to me, last time and this time.

But I also suffered horrible nightmares through the first trimester and woke without being able to go to sleep.

At the moment I'm sleeping quite well, but I am sure that will regress in the third trimester. Mostly because getting comfortable becomes a problem.