Thread: smelly discharge!

Red face smelly discharge!

ive had discharge so far the whole time, i have noticed it really smells! not itchy or anything just on the nose anyone have any ideas? is it dangerous?

Enchanted Guest

Do you think it might be thrush? I had it when I was in my first trimester.

Jols - I would go to your GP and get it checked hun. Although lots of discharge is normal in pregnancy, if it is smelly it can indicate an infection so you might need to get something to clear it up. Good luck and let us know how you go.

thanks guys! dan its not itchy like i though thrush would be?
    its such a weird smell sorry TMI!

When I first got thrush, it wasn't itchy. It only became itchy as it got worse. It definitely sounds like some sort of infection, best to get it checked out.

YEP sounds like an infection to me.. mayb a bacterial one??? urine??? go get it checked just to be on the safe side

Tho as stated.. lots of discharge in pretty normal in pregnancy.. damn leakage!!

Hi AJP
    Thrush is not always itchy. It could also be an infection. You need to go and get it checked

I've also had the same as AJP - went to docs and she did a swab and sent it off, didn't hear anything for a week (saw her 3days later and it had settled so told her so). Just called them this morning and the reception lady said results were back and no action required so all ok. Is this ok? Still have a small amount every now and then, ot as bad as it was. Shall I just keep an eye on it and go back if it continues? Wouldn't want to leave it and it cause a problem! Thanks, CLH

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yup any discharge, itchy or not should be checked. Smell and anything else unusual could be an infection which could be easily fixed.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Get it checked. It could just be gardnerella which is common in pregnancy (and when not pregnant). If it's that it wont harm the pregnancy.

My docs are so useless - just said it was ok and not what it was, if anything! Will see how I go next week and go back if needs be. Thanks for the advice!

well i finally had a swap done and no action required! so waht is it????? the smell is still there, thinking of taking some probiotics, not sure why figured they cant hurt anyone have any thoughts?!?!?!

babidevil Guest

ok this may be tmi but does it sorta smell like a rubbish tip? if so its a overload in your hormones which is causing too much discharge hence the smell...you need antibiotics to get rid of it otherwise it will remain there....i used to get that problem around the end of my period cause my hormones were just all over the place...so far so good i havent had it back...its basically a form of thrush but without the itchiness. hope this helps.