Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So happy but constantly worrying!

Question So happy but constantly worrying!

Hi there!

I am new to all this posting and also to being PREGNANT!! I am about 5 and a 1/2 weeks and only found out 5 days ago. It is so very exciting as I have been waiting what seems like all my of life for this! In saying that my husband (since Septemer) and I had only been trying for 6 weeks before it happened so I consider myself very lucky!!

I feel very positive about this but I am letting everything stress me out so I need to hear others experiences just to reassure me. For the first two days I had a bit of nausea and cramping, (stretching and pulling around the sides of the stomach and lower abdomen). My abdomen even feels much firmer but no sore or bigger breasts. (They are already big enough!! I felt really pregnant like the hormones were doing their job!! The doctor told me it was unusual to have m/s type symptoms this early but not abnormal.
    Anyway just this last day or two it has started to subside and I don't feel as sick or tired.

My question is: Is it normal for symptoms to come and go even at this early stage?

I feel like such a stress head and I know I am stressing my hubby out but I will go out of mind I think before the 12 weeks is up!!!

Thanks,

Louky

Hi Louky
    Your doctor is right, it is a little unusual for it to start this early but it is not a problem. Morning sickness is not really a good name, as it often lasts all day. It can also come and go throughout your pregnancy. Some women suffer from it for most of there pregnancy and others only have it for a few weeks. Just be thankful for the days when you do not feel sick or tired.
    Pregnancy can be very scary for both you and your husband. Donít be afraid to ask questions

ravenmyst Guest

Hi Louky, I'm the same as you ... I'm almost 7 weeks and I'm constantly worried as well. This is my first child and I too was sick for about a week with morning sickness but for the last couple of days I've been ok... just probably a bit more hungry than usual. I had sore nipples earlier on but now they are ok. Its hard to tell if my nipples have changed in colour (but I think they have slightly) and I can't really tell if my breasts have gotten bigger.

I'm hoping I'm just being paranoid for nothing because I had a good hormone lvl test at the end of 5 weeks and I've seen the babies heart beat. It just sucks not knowing what's going on in there ...

Thanks Alan!

I guess i just worry because i haven't had my blood tests done ( wll be organising this tomorrow when I visit the antenatal clinic) and because it is so early I feel maybe not feeling tired/sick anymore means things may not be right. Then again it may also mean it's going to happen again with avengence next week at the 6 week mark and I should be grateful for good days.

Kylie

ravenmyst
    Over the next few days if I have time I will put together a guide as to what is happening to your body and your baby throughout your pregnancy. If you email me I will send you a copy. I will also send a copy to Kelly for her to add to her list of articles should she want to. Iím not sure how long it will take me as I am a little busy at the moment

Alan, you are the Midwife with the Mostest!!
    :-)

Marydean
    Your making me blush

The first indication I had that I was pg this time was vomiting (at 4 weeks exactly)! I felt sick for a few days and then felt fine until about 6 weeks when the real ms kicked in LOL!

My bbs didn't change AT ALL until about two weeks ago - now they are growing by the second and my nipples are ridiculously huge!

I felt like my symptoms were coming and going all the time (except for the rotten ms!), I would think that it's completely normal Pg is a very worrying time for some though, and trust me, it doesn't necessarily stop after 12 weeks! There's always something to think about, just look at the 2nd and 3rd trimester threads for proof!

Good luck with your pg, and try to enjoy it. It is a really special time for you and your DH.

ravenmyst Guest

Hi Alan, I would like a copy of your guide ... that would be great! My email address is [email protected] ... or I can wait until you post it on the forums.

Thanks again

sajemsha Guest

Smile hi louky

I'm now 10 weeks pregnant, I got my first symtoms when I was 4 weeks pregnant, as soon as my period was due, I had really bad nausea that lasted all day and sore bb's. that lasted a couple of weeks, now the symtoms arn't so bad, I get nauseas if I've had a long day or eating something that doesn't agree. Mostly I'm just a bit tired (but that could be having 3 kids all day)
    With my 3 girls I had nausea and vomiting all day for 12 weeks solid, I'm just happy that this one is been a bit easier. my shirts are getting smaller and my boobs bigger (not hurting though) and heavier, so i'm not worrried about the lack of symtoms, happy really actually
    Once you start geting bigger you'll feel a bit more relaxed with been pregnant, soon enough you'll be feeling the baby move, then you'll know their ok Congtrats on your pregnancy :biggrin: Enjoy yourself, big tummy rubs, Rose.

Sapphire Guest

Hi there, I'm feeling exactly the same. Although I'm only about 5 weeks I haven't really been feeling sick at all. Today has been the first day that I've felt tired all day and I've had really sore nipples, but that's about it. I'm hoping (I may live to regret me saying that!) that I'll experience more symptoms soon.

ravenmyst
    I sent you an email

ravenmyst Guest

Thanks very much for that Alan - its very imformative

What would we do without Alan!

Hi Alan can you please send me the article aswell please? my email is [email protected]

Nella I sent you an email

Hi Alan. Thanks I recieved it. It was great to read through & know that what I'm experiencing is perfectly normal. Where in QLD are you?

Hi Nella
    At the moment Iím in Goondiwindi. Going to Toowoomba tomorrow for a few days. Then I head south stopping off in Forbes NSW for a few days. After that I am going to have a look around VIC and maybe meet up with Kelly and a few of the girls own there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast