Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So worried about 12 wk scan!!!! :(

Default So worried about 12 wk scan!!!! :(

I am so worried about my 12 week scan in april. Im scared that the doc is going to look at me and say "um, sorry, theres nothing there". Is he going to tell me its all in my head??? my bt results for 5 weeks was 1200 so that tells me i am pregnant but im just really nervous

Does anyone else experience this?? or am i just a loony????

Hi Hollye,

You're not going looney and it is completly natural to fret! My friend is currently pregnant and stresses every day it seems (and her bubs is fine!).

You're not bleeding or anything are you? If it would ease your mind you could call your Ob... otherwise try to wait and good luck with the scan! It will be lovely to see the heartbeat which should reassure you.

hey thanx for ur reply..nah im not bleeding, no cramps no nothing. its just now that its getting closer i am very very nervous. ahhhhhhhhh lol

You're definitely not looney!! I think it's only natural to worry, I've been thinking the same things and I had a dating scan done at 8 weeks and saw the heart beat, and yet still in the back of my mind I think "what if...."
    It's not too long till your scan!! Good luck! I think I need more patience!

I stressed too....the whole first trimester I was so worried something was going to happen. I bled a little just after we found out too so that was pretty scary. Just think though, you get to meet your little one for the first time at your 12 week scan. It is one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. Think about it like that and it might make it a little easier. My little girl is 10 weeks tomorrow now so all my worry was about nothing (I pretty much stressed a little all pregnancy) and she's perfect. Hope you are ok xx

Hi Holly

If you feel like it would make you feel better, ask your doc for an early scan now - might make the next 5 weeks a bit easier.

having said that though, I have had one at 7.5 and 10.5 weeks this time due to my history, and even though last one was just last Friday, and I feel sick, it still doesn't feel real- except I have developed a pot belly, but that is to be expected as it is my 5th preg.

Good luck, and do what makes you feel better

Sam

Smile

Dont worry, I think every woman goes through that. I know i did, it took up until about week 25 for me to finally be okay and not worry so much.
    Good luck

lj268 Guest

You're definitely not going looney, and if you are then I think I must be too hehe.

Im 12wks pg today after having 3 recurrent m/c's and this is baby #6 and I have been stressing since I found out I was pg. I had my doctor do out a path report so I could get betas done all the time, he had me getting them once a week and they were great, but still didnt stop me stressing. Then I asked him if I could get an early scan (I was 7wks2days when I had it) and I saw a heartbeat and everything that was supposed to be there, but did that stop me stressing?? No! I had a follow up docs appt after the scan at 9wks and heard the heartbeat on his doppler and that made me feel a little more relaxed, but still not really ok kwim lol. So next thing I did was buy a doppler (only bought a cheapie, one of the angelsounds ones) and have used it twice a day since I received it. Now that tends to put my mind at ease some more. I have my 12wk scan tomorrow and Im really excited, but at the same time, really stressed and worried (Im 41yo). But this time round, Im thinking positive and so far all is good, so Im sure Ill be ok tomorrow.

So please dont think you're looney cause you definitely aint ok lol. Its just natural to stress out when you find out you're pregnant.

All the best and as someone said, if you are at all concerned, ask the doc for an early scan or even get some more betas done or something, anything that will put your mind at ease.

Hope all goes well for you.

Lindy

Aww you poor thing. :hugs: I am the same and you are definately not a loony. I think it is only natural for us mums to worry about everything from the moment our gorgeous babies are conceived and especially when you have had a loss before. I had a scan at 7w5d and heard that beautiful heartbeat, and have my 12 weeks scan this Wednesday and have exactly the same fears you do.
    I agree with lj, if you are finding that you are extremely anxious all the time, go to see you GP and explain your fears ( they get it all the time) and see if they will do some more BT or a scan to ease your mind.
    Good luck!

I felt a little different, but it was kinda the same I guess. I'd already had an early scan so I knew there was something there but I was worried there'd be no heartbeat present. There was one of course, but it came as quite a shock to me. I'd had really mild symptoms so it was hard to believe all was well. You'll be fine.

12 week scan due on the 16th April...ahhh its getting closer!!!!!

not long to go now

Default I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

I've been going through a similar thing but more so panicking about every little pain, with my first i never worried but with #2 i had some bleeding early on and now i get worried with the slightest pain but doc says As long as your still sick and feeling pregnant everything is most likely fine. I'm def still feeling sick.....
    Good luck let us know how it goes

hey thanx for ur replies. Awww Alyssa's mum our EDD's are very close

hey thanx for ur replies. Awww Alyssa's mum our EDD's are very close

They sure are, i'm so excited already. I'm buying boy stuff but secretly keeping the receipts even though im praying i wont need them. This preg is so dif to my last so i am hoping it's cause its a boy

Where you from Hollye9188??? I see your bout same age as me.

im from wangaratta..about 2.5 hours north of melbourne..

Wow, thats really far away. lol
    I'm from Hallam, it's bout 30 minutes from the city.
    How you finding pregnancy so far?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast