Thread: Some advice please ladies - breast question

Jacie Guest

Default Some advice please ladies - breast question

Ladies, I am five weeks pregnant today.

My question is, my breasts are less tender than they were a few days ago. Is this a cause for concern? 8-[

I checked my temp. this morning and it's still up over 37 degrees. I also did a HPT and the positive came up straight away.

I had mild back pain and mild cramping but nothing that was causing me grief. There is no sign of that this mornig.

I'm a worry wart but I would appreciate any advice you can give me and/or re-assurance that what I am going through is normal.

I'm planning to go to the Dr to get a blood test anyway to test the HCG levels and make sure they're normal.

I'm going crazy and can't concentrate on work / uni / anything as a consequence. I feel like crying because I don't know what is going on.

Jacie.

Jacie,

Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy, and welcome to BB. There are a great group of people on here who can help, support and have fun with you.

Secondly, for your own peace of mind, go to the doctors and speak to them. I'm sure it's just your body settling into being pregnant and aching and changing accordingly, but there's no point getting worried. See the doctor, have blood work done, or whatever they do and get the peace of mind you need.

It is an emotional roller coaster this thing called pregnancy however at the same time it's awesome. (Remind me this when I have a bad day, ok?)

Keep smiling,

Jacie,
    Your body is going to go through a multitude of changes, don't panic or worry.... Everyone has a different pregnancy... You'll be fine, Go see your Dr & talk to him/her about your concerns.... But I think it's fairly normal...

Hi Jacie,

Sounds like this is all normal to me and your other symptoms are saying that things are fine. At 5 weeks my breasts were like this and at 7 weeks the pain is far more intense so you have that to look forward to. Give it a few days, I'm sure they will become tender again and you will wish that they didn't hurt.

Try not to worry and go to the doctors for piece of mind. I found that I was more emotional at 5 weeks also.

Gemma.

Oh Jacie its so hard to know whats going on with your body isn't it? I hope all is well & I would definately go to the Dr to get this checked...

I didn't have any tenderness in my bb's until later in PG...like around 18 weeks so hopefully your tenderness has settled down... let us know how you go.

Dear Jacie,
    as the girls have said i think all your symptoms sound very normal. Im nine weeks and still have days where all my symptoms are up and the next where i dont feel pregnant, as said welcome to this beautiful rollacoaster
    Take care

Jacie Guest

You guys are the BEST! If I could grab each one of you and kiss you I would.

I went to the Dr and she gave me a blood test - I will find out the results tonight or, at the latest, tomorrow morning.

I'm feeling crappy - perhaps the onset of morning sickness - so that's a good sign and, as the day is going on, my BBs are becoming more tender again.

Thank you for all your support.

Jacie.

Jacie Guest

Just heard back from the Dr.

My HCG levels on Friday (17 DPO) was 410 which is normal and today was 2602 which is also within the normal range.

I got ANOTHER sympton today in the form of MS. Not a full blown chuck-fest but that queasiness you get right at the beginning of travel sickness.. Hope that makes sense.

Once again, thanks ladies for your support today. It's been wonderful.

It's now time for me to stop being a pratt and just enjoy this pregnancy. Monday is the OB! =D>

Glad everything is normal Jacie.

It's a strange time when all these new things are happening to your body. Even with me, second time round things are different.

Enjoy your pregnancy, and get HEAPS of rest!

Cheers,

Glad you are feeling lots better Jacie, enjoy!