Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: soooo nervous... to scan or not to scan?

Default soooo nervous... to scan or not to scan?

i am having my first scan today! i have tested positive twice, my jeans are tighter, i am crying about everything and i am a nervous wreck. i am scared they will find nothing and it is all my imagination. i want to have it done so i know either way but i dont want to know if it is bad news... can i add 'going looney' as a symptom? #-o

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Goodluck Michelle on your scan - and seeing your little bubba

Let us know how you go

kirsty Guest

Michelle I'm sure all will go well with your scan & you'll see a little blob in there happily doing it's thing.

Let us know how you get on won't you

Goodluck Michelle - I'm sure everything will be fine. I know that I was nervous going into the first scan, and I'm nervous waiting for the next one in three weeks " incase". Enjoy seeing your bubba for the first time

Fee Guest

I was the same - soooo nervous and wondering if the whole thing was an mistake or something!

Michelle, how did you scan go??

sorry i accidently posted in two forums and couldnt delete one so now i am answering in two as well, but anyway hi all, it wasnt good news... there is nothing there! he says the uterus is thickened but no sac or baby, his machine isnt great so may not see detail but he says either an early miscarriage or my ovulation was later and if i am less than 5 1/2 weeks you wouldnt see anything, i do have an irregular cycle but still think i should have seen something! so i had a blood test and then another in two days to measure hcg and he can tell if pregnancy is continuing or over by comparing the levels. its funny i wasnt planning this baby but now i want it so bad!

Sorry for your news Michelle.
    That sounds strange?? Why would you have a scan so early if they didn't think they would see something?
    Dont give up yet - what have they suggested for follow up?

Fi

Fee Guest

Yes why did they get you to come in for a scan so early on?

Sorry to hear it wasn't the best news.

Oh no. Here's hoping that it was just too early to see your little one Michelle.

by my LMP i should be 6-7 weeks and i have been having brown stain when toileting...very light but and only for a few days but i wanted to see if everything was ok and my OB does his own quick scan in his office it is not as good as a regular scan but usually it sets my mind at ease. i am having HCG level monitoring for the next two days and then on monday if they havent gone up he says that means is was an early miscarriage.

Hi there..

Im 5 weeks pregnant today. I did a home test on Thursday and another with my doctor on Friday which both came up positive.. my doctor is sending me for my first ultrasound on Tuesday to find out exactly how far along i am and to make sure its not an Ectopic pregnancy.. so youd think that they would have to be able to see something if hes sending me this early?

Kell

a proper ultrasound could tell i guess like a level 2 one... my OB has this little old one in his rooms that he uses but it is not very clear and he preferred the blood test option rather than send me for a more in depth scan. either way i am still waiting to know!

Oh Michelle, I really hope you get some good news tomorrow.

kirsty Guest

Michelle ~ wishing you all the best for tomorrow.

Gizmo ~ just so that you are aware, doing a scan this early it will more than likely be an internal u/s as opposed to one done from the outside of your tummy. It will give a much more reliable outcome at this early stage.

Good Luck with your next scan Lermshell.

xxdd

i got my results today and the first hcg level was 800 and then 2 days later it was 950 so its not good... he wants another test on thursday to be sure

~Sarah~ Guest

Oh hon...I'm so sorry! Bugger me thats a bit unfair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast