Thread: Sore Boobies

Default Sore Boobies

The last 3 days my bbs have been so sore, I am sure they didn't get this sore with my last, I dread taking my bra off at night because I know it is going to be excruciating, and they just feel like someone has used them as punching bags. Anyway, my question is, when do they stop hurting? I can't remember with my other 2 and I am just hoping that it is gonna end soon.

Poor Sharon. I really feel for you. Mine are sore, but not THAT sore. Then again, they're always rather large and generally don't have a lot of sensation of any kind so it's rather a novelty for me that they are sore enough to remind me that they are there.

I don't really have an answer for you as to how long, but I would think for a good part of the first trimester which is when most of the signs and symptoms are more pronounced. I think you'll probably get some relief in the second tri and then probably get sore again in the third when the milk-making assembly line goes into production.

Lisa

Oh, yeah, I'm getting this as well, though not as bad as the first time. Last time on top of being sore, they were also incessantly itchy, the pain settled down after the first Tri, but the itchiness came and went (insanity-making) the entire PG. So thanking my lucky stars they are not itchy this time!

mumintaz I kind of thought that it would be lasting the first Tri, thankfully I only 3 weeks of that to go. I never got sore boobies at the end of my pgncies either, and have never really been able to successfully breast feed, although I do usually persist for about 3 months.
    marydean maybe the itching last time was them "growing" did you get much bigger and get stretch marks on them at all? I know I got heaps of stretch marks on them with my first but hardly any with Jordan.

Mine are still a little bit sore and I am almost 11 weeks!! I am sure they will stop hurting but am not sure when.

Tanya

The pain usually settles down at the end of the first trimester. The itching is caused by the skin stretching

thanks Alan

I'm 37 weeks & mine have just started to get sore all over again!

Sharon, strangely enough I didn't get ANY stretch marks on my BBs until I'd been feeding DD for a while, I didn't notice them until she cut down her feeds (around 15 months) and then weaned - then they suddenly showed! I don't know if it was the skin stretching because it was the nipples that were the itchiest of them all!!
    The only thing that helped with the itching (and believe me I tried everything) was I mixed up a jar of moisturiser with a drop each of lavender and chamomile oil.

Tammy05 Guest

Hello,

Mine are as sore as your and so I wear a maternity bra to bed at night after my shower. Maybe you could try that. Mine weren't this sore with my first until after I had him. Hope you feel better soon.

Tammy

My nipples are pretty sore already, just cloth on them is irritating, in fact they feel better jammed into a bra. letting them out it painful though.... But I am an E cup- sooo I have never had much sensitivity.

I was eyeing up some teat covers for baby bottles today, and thought hmmm "Nipple protectors"

~Amy~ the only time after giving birth that mine got sore where when I decided to dry up my milk, now that was painful LOL
    Marydean this is a little OT but I actually had a friend who had hives covering her entire body for the whole 9 months, as soon as her son was born, they went.
    Tammy05 A friend of mine actually suggested a crop top type of bra for bed so I might give that a go.
    Delicate_Dove my nipples are fine, it's just my boobies LOL

Amy
    Sorry I forgot to add…….the sore BB’s can come back.

DD
    You can buy nipple protectors if you need them