Thread: Sore nipples, beastfeeding, could I be pregnant??

Default Sore nipples, beastfeeding, could I be pregnant??

My son is 7 months old and I have noticed over the past week or so that my nipples are EXPTREMELY sore and sensitive. I remember when I was newly pregnant with my son I had the same feeling. Did anyone else get this??? I am sooooooo worried that I might be pregnant again! I got my period when he was 3 months old and then again at 6 months. Breastfeeding makes it hard to work out what is going on!!. If anyone has any ideas, id love t hear from you!

Have you done a HPT? If not, then i would do one just in case. If it's negative, see how it goes for maybe a week and if no improvement maybe see a doctor. Not sure what the symptoms are but could it maybe be thrush?

Do a HPT. Put your mind at rest if nothing else.

Charlie was only 5 months old when I found out I was pg again.....sore boobs were an indicator for me.

But it may be something much simpler like a touch of thrush?

I've fallen pregnant twice with breastfeeding - once at about 7mths and the othertime at about 12months. Breastfeeding for me is certainly no contraceptive!!
    Sore nipples would be a good indication of pregnancy - Iwould do an HPT if you are worried. Either way - I hope you get the news you want!

hi..my DS is 7 1/2 mths old and i was b/f until about 6 weeks ago when he completely weaned hiself over about 3 days..i had sore nipples too.i had a blood test and found out that i was prg..just had u/s today and found out i'm 7 weeks prg..i never got my period at all..also,i'm pretty sure that once they're on solids, and sleeping longer(around 6 mths)then b/fing is not any contraception..good luck..

Hi girls!

Thankyou for your responces. I havent done a test yet. I thought I might wait a week and see how 'they' feel next week. I have checked my DS mouth and no signs of thrush. He is teething though, so very fussy with breastfeeding. I have heard that when you are pregnant the taste of your milk changes and they can get temporarily fussy? Anyway I will let you know! Good luck with your pregnancy!!

Owen was super fussy with b/fing and ended up just throwing massive tantys and wouldn't take it..the doc put it down to exactly what you said, that the taste of the milk changes due to hormones probably turned him off it..Good luck with your symptoms!!if you think that you are(or are even questioning it)you probably are, i think!!
    Also, just noticed our boys(your DS#2)are just 2 days apart!!you should join us in the babies born dec 05 thread..you're always welcome!!