Thread: Sore nipples when breastfeeding

Default Sore nipples when breastfeeding

This is really just a self-pitying rant. Charlotte is still breastfed, which I believe is the best thing for her. So, I thought that I would bypass the whole sore breasts and nipples thing in early pregnancy because my breasts are still producing milk. But no, it isn't meant to be. My breasts are even bigger than before and my nipples are sore. I gasp a little everytime Charlotte attaches. She hasn't changed at all, she is a good girl, it is just me. There are no cracks or anything like that, it is almost like they are bruised. I wish that there was a miracle cream to take the pain away. I guess that I just grin and bear it and hope that the pain goes when first trimester finishes.

I have had sensitive nipples on and off this PG too... definitely a bit ouchy when your toddler is still BF! I hope the pain eases up for you soon.

poppet Guest

I find when my DD latches on, i tend to cringe, i curl my toes up and take a deep breath. When she's actually sucking, its okay, just the first latch on that really hurts.

Now I think of it, it is really when she attaches that is the problem. The actual feeding is ok.

Poppet, I am impressed three babies in three years! It took me this long to get the urge to try for number two.

Same happened for me as well....Hope it gets better for you soon! Maybe with 2nd tri?? I think I'd weaned by then....