Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spotting

Default spotting

I have some very very slight pink spotting, its very yellow too but when u wipe it on a tissue you can make out a pink tone.

I am terrified , i know it can be normal but I am shaking I am so scared... I know my Dr will just say well its early etc... I don;t want to hear the miscarraige word and how common it is at this stage and just... arghhhh

Try not to stress - it is normal. There actually are quite a few threads on here regarding spotting, esp in the first trim section.
    I had it as well - 5 weeks & 2 days. And then on and off for about 2 - 3 weeks. Implentation bleeding i think they also call it.
    For me, my spotting was either brown, bright red, or watery red/brown. I had an u/s done, and then still had spotting, so had blood test to check hormone levels. and all was good. Dr will / should take it seriously, and get some further tests done, if he doesnt suggest it, then just ask for it to happen. The ones i had done where 2 days apart to check for differences.
    If it is spotting, you will notice sometimes it is there, sometimes it is not. For me, initally, used to have abit of spotting if i hang out washing (stretching i assume) or vacumming, or even doing "it" with hubby. Apparently, skin is abit thinner or something in there, and can be brusied alot easier. Maybe abit of lube (sorry if TMI) if that is the case.
    But, as i said in another post, i know exactly how it feels. i completely freaked out. had been trying for a while and i so didnt want anything to go wrong. And for me, i had no one at the time to get advice from, other then my mum and the dr. I wish i had of know about this forum them.

Since you're really, really early I'm thinking it might be implantation bleeding.
    I had it with my son a few days before my AF was due and it was the first sign I was pregnant. Try not to stress too much at teh stage your at it's very likely it could be that

can u get implantation bleeding after AF is due? cause I am already 3 days past AF due date.

it seems more thick yellow than pink now and only when I did a Cervical mucus check (tmi)

still feel sick with worry though.... I have just read all the bleeding posts and articles I feel slightly reassured but... I had a terrible nightmare the other night about waking up in a pool of blood...

funny thing is mine was a Missed miscarriage and I had no bleeding till after I knew baby had flown to heaven.

this is not how I want this PG to start...

there is nothing there now...

and I really had to squint, hold it to the light to see pink anyways... so maybe the stain I orginally saw was just dark yellow... and the cervical mucus was just ...

dont know..

I am goign to send my self nuts arent i....

I think I feel better about it... let's see if it happens again.

Yes it can still happen after AF is due - I had some just before I was due and also a bit more when I was 9 weeks.
    It takes quite a few weeks for the baby to burrow in and the placenta to form and attach itself and while this is happening you might see some spotting.
    I know it's hard to see bleeding when you're pregnant so this might make you feel a bit better - I have had two term pregnancies and two miscarriages (7wks and 9wks). I spotted in the pregnancies that went to term, and I never saw any bleeding in the two that I lost - they were "missed" miscarriages. So bleeding doesn't always mean miscarraige, and lack of bleeding doesn't always mean your in the clear.
    Screwy hey!

Spotting is very common in early pregnancy. Providing that it is only light spotting and there are no cramps then this is normal

there is more spotting now.... just as I had convinced myself it was all ok...

I am sure there is blood in it this time.

what r the signs/symptoms of an early miscarriage, you just get your period? cramping? ??

Delicate Dove, my wife is in a similar position to you. I am the type of husband that stresses more than the wife. It seems this is starting to drive you crazy as it does me...each day passes so slowly towards the the 12 week mark.

The only advice I can give is something that my doctor friend gave me...don't plan too far ahead, just take it a step at a time. There is nothing you can do to control miscarriages. And if it does end up as one, miscarriages are generally the body's way to cope with genetic deformalities. Many pregnancies go through the full course with bleeding and have healthy babies. Enjoy this wonderful experience and best wishes for a health preganancy!!!

thanks... I guess after my 2st M/C its all so much harder...

I am starting to worry more though as my back is aching and I seem to have a dull ache in the right side.

I am still trying to convince myself its no different than yesterdays backache when everything was "ok" in my mind.

it is really hard though really really hard...

Delicate Dove I'm afraid I have nothing to offer other than say I can see that you're going through a tough time at the moment and I have everything crossed that everything will be fine for you and little junior.

DD,

I know how you feel. I had spotting (more like streaking in cm) on3 occassions now and I should be 7wks. Please try not to stress too much and go and see your Dr tomorow. You can also have a mini period that happens around 4wks and 8wks.

I wish you all the best and please let us know how you are.

Hi Dove
    Try to keep calm and breath deep when it all gets too much hun, as it is not necessarily a bad thing.
    I had spotting/staining from 4.5 weeks right through to about 10.5 weeks. Mine varied from brown to red and pinkish,, but was there almost all the time.
    I also had terrible cramping (but apparently for me cramping is normal as i have had it everytime)
    If you are worried, I would go to your gp and ask for quantitive HCG tests to be done over a few days,, that way you can see that your lvls are rising nicely, or wether there is a problem.

thanks everyone it hasn't gone but it hasn't increased either.. I have an appointment with GP tomorrow..

good. let us know how you go. Fingers crossed for you

Sapphire Guest

Hi DD,

I've also had a bit of spotting over the past week, and like you was quite scared. But my GP told me it was normal. I got a blood test to check my hcg levels and they were all fine.

Good luck with everything.

Well, Gp wasnt concerned about it... in fact no one has asked me to do a blood test to prove iam pregnant.. is that normal ? I did do 4 HPT which were all positive.

Spotting stopped the next day so thats good, he said my back and hip pain was ligaments pulling.. and then today after going shopping I have a pinching in my right side which is taking all my focus, I wouldnt go as far as to say it's a cramp but its niggly and its there.

but mild cramps are quite normal too right?

I am hoping its just from walking to much.. I don't intend on doing anything else for the day so iam sure it will settle down...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast