Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spotting

Unhappy spotting

I have had very light spotting and only when going to the toilet. It has started since getting up this morning. Trying not to worry and I still have a lot of my pg symptoms. How do you keep your mind off the thought of m/c andif I have no painful cramping could this be just a time of spotting when my next periosd would have been due?

Also I am on asparin for prevention of pg high blood pressure. I wonder if this affects the bleeding too.

Oh I feel so jumbled and a little scared.

I don't have any advice really. I did have spotting 3 times in my recent pregnancy in the first 12 weeks.. Each scan showed a happy baby and she is now almost 6 weeks old..

I hope all works out well..

Fingers crossed all will be ok, try to relax and not stress, send you a big hug

Nic, how long did your spotting last for? Did you have any pain/cramping woth it?

the first time was at 6 weeks and was just a spot here and there for one day and no cramps.. 2nd time was 8 weeks and pretty much the same as week 6 and the 3rd time was 10 weeks mild cramps (realy mild) and the spotting lasted 2 days.. each scan was fine and showed no reason for the spotting..

rose, I hope everything is ok. You must be so worried.
    If you have alook at the thread about bleeding in pregnancy you will find lots of stories of people who have had quite heavy bleeding and had healthy babies.
    Have you had sex lately? Sometimes BDing can cause a little bit of a bleed.

Hi Rose

I'm so sorry you are feeling a bit scared at the moment. There is nothing worse than feeling that kind os stress.

Just wanted to wish you all the best and hope it settles down for you soon and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

I had a couple of episodes of very light brown spotting earlier on and both times my doctor put me on bedrest as a precaution (due to my history). Two days the first time then a week the second time. I just had my 12 week scan and all is OK.

Rose, I had spotting with this pregnancy at 8 weeks and it is not uncommon to get spotting when your period would otherwise be due. It is also common at around 8 week to get implantation bleeds - which is a good sign that everything is going well!

Aspirin thins the blood, so perhaps this could have something to do with it.

I have had a miscarriage and it does feel completely different. I stopped feeling the pregnancy feelings and symptoms and had quite a lot of pain. It also just didn't feel 'right' - in a completely undefinable way. When I started bleeding on this pregnancy I panicked at first but it did feel completely different - I didn't have any pain and still had all of the symptoms. Euan is now nearly 5 weeks old!

I know it's really hard not to worry, but try to relax! If you are not able to put it out of your mind - perhaps see your doctor - this might help to put your mind at ease!

Rose I have had spotting aswell but with my ultrasound it showed up nothing but a bubba with a HB and the spotting has been gone for a 2 weeks ?? now.

:HUGS: Make sure you just rest up.

hi rose I hope things settle for you really quickly - sending my sticky thoughts your way.

Sending lots of It is hard to stay calm when you feel out of control, it is the best thing you can do for yourself and bub. When I learn how to do this I'll let you know I had spotting during two of my PG and things worked out fine, hope things go well for you. All the best.

I hope everything is ok...

Hi Rose,

I hope the spotting has settled. I had light brown spotting at 4w5d, 6w4d and again at 7w6d (after internal U/S). After the spotting at 6w4d I had and U/S and it showed a strong heart beat and I've had no problems since. I've put my spotting down to trauma (BD and U/S).

Its so hard not to stress but I'm sure if there's no cramping and the spotting has settled then you've got nothing to worry about. All the same I'd head of to your OB or GP and see if you can get an U/S done to put your mind at ease.

Good luck

Hope things have settled down.

You all are so supportive and I think this site is just fantastic. After posting on Sunday I did some searches on this site on bleeding. I really thought I might be in a chance of loosing bubs as it felt like af was on it's way. I found some info on this that reasured me that it can be normal feeling like that as af would have been due then, and then go onto have a live birth at 40 weeks. So I have been very encouraged.

As for the bleeding it was worste Sunday morning and then the t/paper wipe throughout the day was just tinged pink. Yesturday was still tinged pink but there was times where there was nothing. I think today I can say if there was any, I had to look very hard.

Thankyou again and I will keep people posted.

Ok I am spotting again. Like last Sunday. Feels like Af is coming. Hope it is just like last week and goes away. I see my Dr on Monday and will discuss with her what is happening.
    It affects your mind though, even a little spotting. Think happy thoughts, trying to.

all i can say is think positive and sticky!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast