Thread: Still hasnt hit me

Default Still hasnt hit me

Being my first pg, i am still in a bit of disbelief it is all for real.

I have had a few symptoms like a bit tired, feeling blurgh and stuff but nothing extreme. ( i guess i should be thankful)

I have my first OB appt in 2 weeks for a scan and i have nightmares that i go there and he starts the scan and then tells me that there is nothing in there!
    I know im being silly! Has anyone else felt like this?

I have been wanting this for so long and i cant wait to actually see proof that there is something actually growing in me.

I do get quite bloated by the end of the day, when did everyone start to get their baby bump?

Saramac

Totally know what you're going through Saramac. It took us 2 years to conceive our little boy & I just couldn't beleive that it was happening. What was worse was that like you I had very few symptoms.

It was very scary at the time, but now I know, I'm just one of the lucky ones & by the sounds, so are you

saramac,

We had our first child 7 1/2 years ago, and wanted a second to be about 3 years younger. Well that didn't happen and after about 4 years of trying we gave up.

Surprise, surprise I'm now pregnant when we didn't think it was possible, and even though I'm 13+ weeks (and the doctor says I look more like 16 with my uterus tilted forward - not sure technical name) I DON'T FEEL PREGNANT!!

I didn't get any m/s, I was tired and my BB's were very sore, however apart from that I just can't get it into my head that it's possible. Even though I had a u/s yesterday and saw my beautiful baby for the first time, it still feels surreal. It still doesn't seem like the little one I saw on the screen is inside my belly.

But I know it's real, and it is real for you too.

As for the bumb...I can't remember with #1, but this time round my 13/16W belly is starting to pop.

HTH.

PS Sorry about my rambling!

Cheers,
    Rachel

I know exactly how you feel. I had my scan last week and saw the baby but it still doesn't feel real. I have been showing since 4 weeks and am now quite big. It is obvious but I have to hold off the office rumour for one more day as I will be telling them in the New Year.

My boss has just had her baby and she was saying that it was starting to feel real at about 35 weeks!

Gemma.

Sara, I completely understand that feeling! I went to my first OB appt thinking that he'd do a scan and he'd ask me what on earth I was doing there because there was no baby LOL. We just found out our little one's a boy and it still feels very surreal!

I started noticing a very small bump at around 11 weeks I think. No one else noticed, just me. Now at nearly 16 weeks I have a definite bump. It's still small, but I have to leave the top 1-2 buttons undone on my pants now and most of my tops are starting to feel quite tight LOL.

Hang in there! You'll have your 1st scan and be totally amazed when you see your little bubba swimming away in there!

Thanks everyone!!

I feel better knowing I am not the only one who has felt like that!

Its such an amazing feeling to think that there is a little combination of me and DH in there....i cant wait till my u/s!

Hoep everyone has a very merry christmas and we all get big bellys not only from our bubs but from eating too much!

im counting the days till my u/s now!

Saramac

Pietta Guest

Hello,

I didnt believe it was real or going to happen until around 20 weeks then I was like- holy moly!! I didnt have hardly any m/s and only had sore boobies. I also felt bloated too...
    I think we all feel like this but it is a beautiful time

Aside from m/s I didn't feel pregnant at all until second trimester! I didn't start showing until I was about 18-20 weeks and even then I had a small bump. I could still fit into all my non pg clothes until I was about 28 weeks. Everyone is different. I think for me being pg really felt 'real' when I had my u/s and could see our baby!

Bon