Thread: Still spotting

Default Still spotting

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some reassurance as I am still bleeding. Started Wed night, went to dr on Thurs. Had u/s sound which confirmed 7 week baby with hb of 120 bpm so that's all okay. I thought the bleeding would stop by no aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Sorry for TMI but it's quite dark brown with some clotting but not heavy. ANy ideas? Anyone had the same issue?

I had bleeding in the first tri around the 9 week mark which was very worrying.I had an u/s that confirmed that bubs was okay.On the u/s they could see where the bleeding was occuring but no explaination for why.I bled for about a week and it just got lighter and went away.
    I had a baby girl in sept! Ruby grace.She was on the small size as i had a case of placental deficiency,whether this had anything to do with the bleeding i dont know? But she is a little pudding now! Hope that it stops soon for you and that you can enjoy your pregnancy.Perhaps check the thread on bleeding in pregnancy for others input too?

With baby # 1 I had quite a sustained bit of spotting. I was told by the ob that so long as it was brown/dark brown there was nothing much to worry about - it was 'old blood' and that sometimes bleeding can occur when the placenta buries into the uterus wall it can hit a blood vessel. He said that it was quite common and not to worry. When you may get concerned is if you get bringht red blood. I am currently experiencing some really light spotting this time too - earlier than I had last time, and seeing as I haven't had a bt yet and its VERY early days, I'm trying o take my own advice and not panic. all the best and good luck!

JordieC,
    I would try not to worry. I had light bleeding with my first at around 9 weeks also, paniced went straight to the doc, had a u/s, confirmed nothing was wrong, no evidence of the placenta tearing etc. Then was asked the question how long it had been since we had sex, of course it was recently and the doc said that pressure on the cervix early on in preg can cause some minor bleeding due to the increase of blood circulation in that area. Like you mine was dark brown, which meant it would have most likely been when we had sex sorry for TMI, the day before.
    This time I have had some similar bleeding, only lighter and earlier, it's more of a streaky appearance in my discharge, again sorry for TMI, so I'm trying not to let myself worry, I know it's hard, but there is more chance of something bad happening the more stressed you become.
    My advise, enjoy every minute you have with your bubba now, increase something bad does happen, heaven forbid.

Hey Jordie C,
    Just seeing how the bleeding is going. Hope it has stopped by now.

Hi ladies!

I know it's hard, but if you have bleeding and your u/s is OK, you just need to rest, rest, rest!

If you don't have other kids, can you take some time off work and just put your feet up? You'll find the bleeding stops quicker this way.

I know there are a lot of horror stories out there, but there are a lot of amazing ones as well. I've had bleeding this time around, after I had a very strenuous weekend around our house. It was dark brown also, and lasted about a week. I then got a very low aching in my cervix, which sent my anxiety through the roof (I have a medical anxiety condition so it doesn't help!!). But as the pain started the bleeding stopped and I've been fine ever since. I've had 2 scans now and they are all good and about to have my third this Thursday.

I lost my last one and there was no bleeding at all, and I only found out at the 13 week scan, so you just never do know how these things will play out.

As I said, just rest, and if you haven't had your u/s yet, get one! It really does help put your mind at rest.

Take care.

Thanks for your support guys, the bleeding hasn't stopped but it's definately lighter. To be honset it's hard to call it bleeding when it's not like a period - I mostly notice when i actually use a cotton bud - SORRY TMI!! Anyway I did anohter HPT and it's showing a very strong pink line so I guess until my next scan I have to be positive. Thanks so much for your kind words!

Hi Jordie,
    Sorry to crash your thread but I am in a similar situation. I have had brown CM on and off for about the last two weeks. An u/sound last Friday showed I was about six weeks and bub has a heartbeat. It still hasn't stopped though and last night I had a tiny little clot too. No more since and the spotting hasn't changed colour but OMIGOD!! This is my third pg. this year and the other two obviously did not end happily. I can't believe this could be happening again. I did not get this much sustained spotting early on with the other two though. I'd love to hear some similar stories with happy endings if there aare some out there. :eek:

Hi Hope,

Oooh I hope it works out for you. Maybe this time because you are bleeding that will bake it different to the other two. I'm not sure. I have my first ob appointment tomorrow and hopefuly I can get another scan to see if our Jelly Belly Bean (that's how small it is!) has grown. I think I'll be very relieved if it has and be devistated if it hasn't - will let you know.

Please let me know how you're going. There are lots of people here who have had similar problem with good outcomes so I'm relying on their positive stories!

Good luck Jordie and Hope I will be thinking of you both...