Thread: Stressing.... but should I be??

Default Stressing.... but should I be??

Hi all
    I can a scan today to date this pregnancy, as I was a bit unsure as to whether I am 5 weeks 5 days or 9 plus weeks as I have only just finished breast feeding.

The scan was unable to detect any signs of a gesational sac/baby so I guess this indicates I am only 5 weeks 5 days. The radiographer said that quite often nothing is noticeable until after 6 weeks, but I am stressing.

I had a blood test last friday and I rang the Doctor today to get the HCG levels, but the results arent back yet.

I am majorly stressing now as I have had a few small niggles and a little bit of spotting, although nothing for the past 4 days and nothing major but I am still feeling sick. Although I keep thinking maybe it is all in my mind??? I am driving myself crazy.

Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Jem

The spotting could very well have been implantation if you are only just past 5 weeks as the scan seems to suggest. Hang in there a bit longer, there may be nothing to worry about.

pholmes Guest

Hi,
    The spotting could be an implantation bleed. If they didnt do an internal ultrasound they probably wouldnt pick anything up, so dont be too stressed. I had a scan to date my middle son and they had to do an internal as the normal one wouldn't pick up anything, I was just five weeks and they told me I was lucky as often the internal had difficulty picking up anything so early on as well. Hang in there, You'll be fine.

thanks everyone - that makes me feel better.

I have googled ultra sounds and the general consensus is that nothing is picked up prior to 6 weeks. Phew!!

Hi Jemima - I would think the blood test results should be ready, sometime's it's worth having the surgery contact the pathology lab to get those results through a bit sooner, especially if you are stressed and anxious!
    Good luck!

Thanks marydean - I contacted the surgery this afternoon and they gave the lab a hurry up and said they would have the results in the morning. I am sure they thought I was totally neurotic LOL!!!

I did another HPT test tonight and the positive line is darker than it was when I first tested so I guess that indicates HCG levels are rising ( I think).

Fingers crossed for a good HCG level in the morning.

I had a scan at 6wks and they could only just see the sac then and that was with an internal u/s. The pg test sounds promising hope you have good news tomorrow