Thread: Stretchmark creams...

Default Stretchmark creams...

Hiya gals,

Just wanting to know if the Palmers range of body oils and butter is safe to use during pg - it says on the packaging its good for stretch marks, but wanted a second opinion! or if there is thread relating to this can some direct me to it please?

Ta

Lis

Yep, it's fine and it seems to be quite a popular choice of moisturiser during PG.

yeah I agree, very safe during pregnancy. Hope it helps for you.

Thanks gals, I will go and buy some now. I want to get my skin around the belly in good shape so that when my belly does grow, it wont leave as many stretch marks (I hope )

hi! Where abouts can you buy the Palmers range?? I am looking for something that I would like to start before I start really growing.

Ngala I have seen Palmers in chemists and at priceline. A friend of mine said they sell it at her local Coles but I've never seen it at mine.

Priceline or Price Attack - Price Attack often has a 'pack' on offer for really cheap, and you get a few products in there. I got one last year for xmas which had the oil and cocoa butter and little mini butter's for your purse! Xmas time is a good time to buy these things as the packs are all out now.

Ive been using them since I fell pregnant and even now. You can buy them at Big W too. that's where I get mine from. I still got stretch mark though so not sure that they prevent them altogether but its definatly worth a try. They smell great too. Very yummy like chocolate.

I buy mine at either Big W or K Mart, I find the lotion one the best for me, not too thick, and not to thin, used it twice a day with #1 somtimes three times, and I didn't get any stretch marks yey yey yey.
    Went out and bought 2 bottles yesterday, I'm starting early and hoping they will stay clear again this time around.

I would say its safe to use. Palmers also has a cream specially for preventing and fading the stretch marks so it must be ok to use. I've just been using the normal cocoa butter cream. I am always rubbing it on my belly 3 or 4 times a day as I get dry skin. I personally think some people are just more prone to getting stretch marks so the creams might not fully prevent it. just my opinion though!

the "therapy" massage bar from LUSH is also good - I used it all throughout my first pregnancy and no stretch marks to speak of. And it smells really lovely.

Hi!

I'm sure the palmers is fine - A really good one though is bio-oil - I think it's only from priceline. It makes your skin feel really nice!

Debbie Lee Guest

I love the Palmer's stuff. I used it with my last pregnancy and am using it with this one (and in between).
    Did nothing to stop stretchies tho... nothing can prevent them.
    Still... I love how it leaves my skin. I also reckon it helps to fade the stretchies afterwards.
    Smells yummy too! hehehe

I have to go out and get all this stuff now!! I like the sound of hte bio-oil and might get palmers to just cause I love the smell of it!

I was going to sugest the same as B456 I think it may be apricot oil though I too am not sure but it is really nice and smells divine and is meant to work a treat, I used palmers and I had so many stretch marks but I have always been proned to them really severly so I dont think it would have matered what I did but it did feel nice.

I went to the shops today and bought the palmers cream!! Going to start using it tonight. I dont mind if I do get stretch marks, I jsut want to keep my tummy looking nice and smooth

Stetch marks will come (maybe) but they will go too so don;t panic too much.
    Just keep up your fluid intake as well (of course), the same skin care principles apply - good food, fluids and a yummy cream for DH to smother you with each night!

I used Palmers when I was pregnant with Willow, I found a little goes along way.
    Willow is 9 months now and I still have half a bottle left, I still use it after I have a shower and I find my skin is 100% softer.

Raven