Thread: Subchhronic Bleed

Lesh Guest

Default Subchhronic Bleed

Hi guys,

I had a call from my GP following up after my 6 week scan to tell me that they have found some bleeding in my uterous and I need to go back to have a follow up scan next week to see if the bleeding getting any bigger. My referal says subchronic bleed - has anyone heard or had this too - im pretty worried about it and truing to find any info on it as GP was pretty vauge about it. He told me to wait to see before I worry about anything!

Default hi

I just wanted to send you a big hug.

Lesh - a subchorionic bleed is a bleed at the implantation site of the placenta. It can cause an increase in miscarriage and it can cause some bleeding through your pregnancy. However, it depends on the size and in most cases it is not a problem - the pregnancy progresses normally and the placenta grows normally too. In fact, some OB's think there have been many of these previously but it is only now we are aware of them due to early scanning.

I had a subchorionic haematoma (same thing) this pregnancy and had a small amount of bleeding at weeks 10, 11 and 12. I was told it can occur as the growing placenta pushes the trapped blood clot out. My baby is continuing to grow well and in roughly 6 weeks we should have a baby to take home.

I wish you luck and all is well.

I have had two subchoroinic bleeds this pregnancy, one was at the site of implantation at just over 5 weeks and I had heavy period like bleeding. I had another at 8 weeks behind the developing placenta but by my 12 week scan they had healed up.

The dr explained it to me like a bruise. You bruise your skin u bleed under your skin. If the lining of your uterus gets bruised it doesnt have skin to sit under so it can come out and give you a hell of a scare.

They are common from what my dr told me and are usually harmless just stressful. They do need to check to make sure it heals up and not gets worse though or it can lead to a hightened risk of m/c.

Try not to stress I've had two and bubs is still sticking, hopefully all will be well I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Lesh Guest

Thanks, you have helped to ease my mind, I cant wait for Tuesday to be here and gone! Im only worried about bleeding and at work went to the toilet about 1000 yesterday!! Does that mean you have more frequent scans to test the sizes? I hate having the scan waiting for them to tell you they can see the heart beat - Im trying hard not to worry about it but that is nearly impossible! Ive read on some other post sites that bed rest is orderd, so im trying to rest up - and hoping I wont have to have bed rest - was planning on working at least a little!!

Ive got my feet up this weekend trying to take it extra easy withthe hope it will "go away". My best friend is in labour with her baby now so Im full of mixed emotions!

Will be in touch more on Tuesday, im still feeling hung over sick so that is reassuring me to think all is still ok with baby.

I didn't have any extra scans arranged but I did have another one at 10 weeks when the first bleeding episode occurred. The it was just the usual ones (for my age) at 13 weeks for NT and 18-20 weeks for the anomaly scan.

I wasn't told to rest any more than usual and I am still working full time in a job where I am on my feet all day.

Lesh Guest

Default Second scan ok for bleed

Hi guys, been a while since I logged on, ive been really tired and hitting bed quite early!
    I went back for my second scan, was petrified but once I saw there was a heart beat was ok! The baby had actually doubled in size and they brought my due date forward 2 days.

I still have the bleed but it is the same size and is not growing which I am told is really good news. Im just taking things easy now until I get to my next scan which is on 6 June - for the 12 week downs test.

The only thing im now feeling uneasy about is that my morning sickness has stopped and I have more of an appetitie now - my boobs are still really sore and my belly is swelling but im a bit worried about the ms stopping - I thought it was meant to continue until 12 weeks?

Lesh - it is not at all uncommon for the nausea to lessen before 12 weeks. I am glad your u/s was so positive! That is wonderful news.

I found it comes and goes I'd have a week where I'd eat everything in sight and then when I didn't want to eat anything. You may find it stops and doesn't come back everyone and every pregnancy is different