Thread: Tap water?

Default Tap water?

I was reading somewhere that you shouldn't have tap water, but you should have filtered water when you're pg. I was wondering if anyone had heard of this at all?!

Nope, never heard this. Sounds a bit OTT to me. Sorry, I'm not much help!!

Only if its collected by egyption virgins from an amazonian stream (in the light of a new moon - of course!)

Just kidding.... but seriously I'm sure its fine...

*mwa*
    Cailin

Hmmm, given that the option of filtered water has only been around for the last ten or so years, I'm guessing this is a marketing scam by Brita!

I agree, chocolatecatty, marketing scam! How many of us have problems from our mothers drinking non-filtered water? Well, yes, I know I have problems, but non-filtered water isn't to blame LOL.

I thought it sounded over the top! Maybe the brochere I was reading was from when sydney water had all those problems with giardia!

I've never heard of it before (except in those countries where the water isn't clean). Sounds OTT to me too!

Emma, I have been the same. The water straight from the tap has been too cold. Added to that though I've been able to taste like the 'metalness' or something, so have just been drinking boiled or bottled if I've wanted it when I've been out.

I havent really heard of this. I think its a bit over the top though. Cant expect us pregnant people to be constantly buying bottled water, or to get one of those water filter thingos. Might be necessary in those countries that dont have clean water, but then again if you lived there your body would probably be used to and immune to the nasties in the water... I would think the water here is fine to drink.