Thread: terrible dreams...

Default terrible dreams...

Ok last night i went to sleep all good and all then i had this most awful dream - sorry its a bit graphic...

I am at a party or something and i go to the toilet and i have bleeding i reached for my handbag to get out some pads and then it strikes me that this is not a good thing as i am almost 12 weeks pg then i go to stand up and theis huge bloody glob comes out and falls in to the toilet - i look down and i see an umbilic cord - i reach in and pul it up and there is by baby attached. I grab a jar that was full of stones on the sill behind the toilet and emptyt he jar out rinse it a couple of times then try to put my baby in it but the jar os smaller than what it was before and it gets all suqished up. The baby is fully formed but tiny - looks like a thumberlina toddler as it has a full head of hair, eyelashes and brown eyes which are opened... then i carry the jar around with me and we have to tell the family and i get upset because my step sister tells everyone for me so i don't have to do it then i have to deal with all the phone calls....

ok i know its a bit of an odd one but it was so real i woke up bawling my eyes out and shaking and of course went to check and all was ok - please let me keep this one....

Aww *hugs* AJ. I had a couple of similar dreams about bleeding and the baby coming too early. Don't take it as a bad sign, it's just your brain sorting thru some natural fears that you have.

I actually had a dream that the baby came at about 15 weeks, but was full term.. as in it wasn't really too early... and I was devestated that I didn't get to be pregnant! LOL. I was sooo upset that I hadn't had time to get ready for the baby, and that I didn't get to waddle around with a big belly.

I'm finding the emotions in my dreams to be really intense... I've had major stress attacks, or massive fights with people, and I'm sure I"ve woken up with high blood pressure!! And I feel the effects for the rest of the day as if I've really fought with these people.

Try not to worry about your dreams. There's a lot of daily thoughts and fears for your brain to sort thru each night, not to mention our hormones are going crazy so we're all emotional too.

Hope you feel better as the day goes on.

Here's some :bluestick: inkstick: for good measure.

AJ,

I had a similar dream to yours and had a very healthy happy little girl. Please don't worry, everything will be fine.

AJ, I had dreams like this too & would wake up sobbing. Dont read too much into it, try to stay positive. Having said that you have every right to feel nervous, but your baby will be fine!!!! It's just us Mothers being protective of our bubs already!

Big hugs AJ, I think it is just natural to have these sort of dreams. Dreams just tend to be things in your subconscious, so it is just highlighting your fears for your baby.

Lisa

What a horrible dream.. sending lots of hugs to you.

Like the others have said, it is probably more to do with your subconcious fears than anything else.

Hopefully, you wont get anymore like it.

What a horrid dream. I've had lots of strange and vivid dreams during both my pregnancies - I think that its a combination of the subconsious working overtime and hormones.

AJ - What an awful dream to you. I had a number of very strange dreams from the time I conceived with Matthew.

Aw AJ I had a very similar dream like that when preg with Lily with the baby being born really early but it looking full term just really small. I think it is just your fears coming out and nothing more. Try not to worry hun, i know this is a sticky bub!

Fraser Guest

I have dreams like that too - even before I was pregnant - dreams rarely mean the same thing in life so don't panic - but still it's not a nice experience and it effects you for the rest of the day.

I keep dreaming that I have an evil baby - like Rosemary's Baby or something - it always has a horrible personality in my dreams and I'm really frightened of it!!

I think it's natural to dream about the baby - it's in the forefront of your subconscious all the time!

gooness thank you all feel a bit better about it it just one of those things that seems silly in teh light of day but when you ake up form it it seems way too real!!!

funny thing is it was a boy - the only other time i hhave dreamed about a baby i had a boy too - hope that means something!!!

~Sarah~ Guest

AJ....dont worry too much hon....bad dreams are just another strike by those naughty hormones!
    In my first pg I had a reacurring dream that DH was having an affair and when I had the bub he and his new girlfriend came to the hospital and just took my baby.... I woke up bawling every time.
    Then In my last pg I had a reacurring dream that I vomited up the baby!
    So far with this pg I've had the same dream about 10 times.....I am shot out of a cannon into the ocean and left to drown screaming "MY BABY MY BABY".
    Hmmm....they are just dreams and they cant hurt ya....but they still mess with your head....Chin up sweetie

to you AJ. I lost count on how many scary/awful dreams I had about the baby early on, its just our hormones doing some crazy things and making our minds go overboard, so to speak.

I know you little bubba is going to be fine, this time next year when you have your gorgeous child in your arms you will think how silly those dreams were.