Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: think I'm miscarrying

Default think I'm miscarrying

I've come home from work today as I think I'm miscarrying. I tried to work but I could not get my mind of it & was very emotional. I'm 5 weeks 4 days and was thrilled to bits that I was finally pregnant. I could hardly believe it and did 3 seperate tests over a week just to make sure. I had my first appointment with the doctor scheduled for tomorrow.

I started to spot yesterday which then increased to light bleeding. This morning it had become a little heavier and in the last hour I have passed some small clots plus a long stringy thing (sorry if that's TMI). I'm 40 so I know the odds are more likely that I am miscarrying and not having a near mis. I had an early miscarriage 10 years ago where I bled lightly for a couple of weeks from 4 weeks so of course I'm thinking the worst. There's no pain but there wasn't any last time either.

I can't see the doctor until 3 so I have two more hours to kill and I'm doing my best to try to keep positive and keep my mind off it but am finding that damn near impossible. My partner is at work and is in a new job so I can only talk to him when he is on his breaks and as only our parents know of the pregnancy (he couldn't keep his mouth shut as he was sooooo excited about the news) I don't really have anyone to talk to about this (and I don't want to stress them).

Anyway, I'm just filling in time here, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Hugs to you sweety ...... Just call your partner - this is important you shouldnt be on your own...

Hang tight I had bleeding as well and it was just implantation bleeding keep yourself cuddled up and well, watch a happy movie or something to try and destress you and give your partner calls as needed im sure his work will understand *big comfort hugs*

satya, I hope that everythings OK.

Good luck this afternoon.

Satya, i'm wishing you all the best. I also had bleeding and was so sure it was a miscarriage, but when i went for my ultra sound the baby was totally fine. Hopefully this will be the same senario for you. Let us know what happens.

Thank you all for your support. I have spoken a few times with my partner. It's his very first day on his new job which is a step up for him so I can't be too intrusive... he's calling me whenever he can.

The bleeding has pretty much stopped since I posted here last so I'm feeling more hopeful than before.

It's been really helpful browsing through the forums here as it's kept my mind off things and it seems that many women experience similar things and then go on to have healthy pregnancies.... here's hoping I'm one of them.

Oh Satya sweety, Im praying that everything will be ok with your little bub. You need to get some rest - so hit the couch and put your feet up. I had two episodes of bleeding with my current pregnancy but now im 19wks and all ok.

Sending you big hugs and hoping that its just a little scare and your little one is safe.

Lisa

satya.. i really hope that bubba sticks and everything is ok for you and your partner.. All the best for your appoinment this afternoon xoxo

Thanks Lisa, that's encouraging. I'm off to the docs now and will then be going straight home and on the couch to watch a movie afterwards. I have it marked on Foxtel already to fill in the time til my fiance gets home.

Satya - good luck - so hope everything is ok
    Let us know - we will all be waiting!
    :hugs:

Fingers crossed for you

I hope everything goes well x

satya - hope everything goes ok at the doctors. hugs to you.

yogip Guest

Sorry to hear this and I hope everything works out okay.

If it makes you feel better, my Mum bled the whole through her pregnancy with me and I came out happy and healthy!

Hello Satya, I hope you're okay.

Hi Satya, i hope everything was ok. Thinking of you xoxoxo

Well I it's almost 9pm and I've just got home from my 3pm appointment with the doctor. He sent me straight to the emergency department of my local hospital for an ultrasound. They didn't do one though, just blood tests which took hours to get the results of. The doctor is pretty sure I miscarried. My BHCG was only 3.

The bleeding was not at all heavy, not even that of a period so I guess I didn't expect to be told that it had already happened. I expected to be told that it might be about to happen.

I have to go to my own doctor on Monday for another blood test just to make sure my BHCG is not increasing but it's not very likely. My partner showed up at the hospital straight after work and was incredibly supportive.

Anyway its off to bed for me now.

Oh Satya, I'm so sorry hun.

Satya i am so sorry for your loss. Huge hugs to you and your partner xoxo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast