Thread: Tiny bit of spotting at 10wks - should I be more worried?

Default Tiny bit of spotting at 10wks - should I be more worried?

hhmmm okay so I went to the toilet before and when I wipped there was the most tiniest smallest...smaller then a 5 cent piece amount of pale pale pale pink discharge I had to squint at it to see if it was pink or not...That was it though, there was nothing else when I wipped again...and again...and again to be sure! lol

I made the mistake of telling DH and now hes all freaking out and wants me to go to the Dr's right now. I made an appt for this afternoon...but he's still freaking out and wants me to go earlier then 4pm today. I dont think it was anything and I'm not worried about it at all, I feel strangely calm...and feel like everything is still fine, I've still had plenty of nausea today so I guess thats re-assuring me.

Does anyone think I should be heading straight to the Hospital for something so small?

I think you're fine to be going this afternoon. I had bleeding at 6 weeks and again at 9 weeks, was told both times that as long as there was no cramping and no more bleeding not to panic.
    Bubs is 25 weeks now and super healthy judging fro the kicks!!
    Good luck for the docs this afternoon, I'm sure it's nothing but good to be getting checked out.

If you head to the hospy, they'll probably tell you to go home again for such a small amount. You're wise to stay calm, even though sometimes we can't help worrying! There's so many reasons for spotting - I wouldn't be worried over such a small amount unless you have cramping or pain along with it - all the best at the docs! Doc might refer you for an u/s for your peace of mind, or tell you to wait and see.

Thanks so much ladies! I didnt think I had anything to worry about but DH was panicing so I thought "hhmm should I be more worried??" lol

Went and saw my GP and he sent me for a scan...we dashed down there and they managed to squeeze us in 10 minutes before the guy left so that was wonderful! Bub is fine and my cervix is still nice and closed. Measured a little early so that was even better. HB was a little slower (180bpm at 8 wks) and is now 170bpm but he said that was a good thing.

My GP gave me the day off work tomorrow (wahoo) and told me to take it easy...Im not arguing there! Thanks again girls

Good to hear everything is OK with your baby Kristy!

I had very minimal spotting too at 10 weeks with my first pregnancy and tried to take it easy for a couple days after that. Everything was fine but it does make you worry. It sounds like you'll be fine too.