Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired!!

Default Tired!!

Ok.. the tiredness had really hit me yesterday and I thought that I was ok today, but nope! I am sooo tired and cannot keep my eyes open. But unfortunately I have gotta keep working and keep a smile on my face when I answer phones (and it is oh so hard!!)

Is there anything that I can be doing/taking to help fight the tiredness?

TIA!

I remember when I was having Lindsay, I would come home at 5.30 and be in bed at 7 for those first few weeks of pg. The only thing I found to be of some help for me was to just get plently of sleep and not to overdo things to make me more tired. Luckily I was only working casual and I always slept in then had a nanna nap on my days off.

Nana nap sounds great!! I probably could have a nana nap at my workplace if I just found a comfortable spot......

So was it the only first weeks you felt really tired, does it get better?

For me, this hasn't gone away
    It is now mostly due to the baby keeping me away with kicks etc.
    In the beginning... I found taking my pregnancy vitamins (Blackmores) with juice seemed to help.

Ngala,

Hey chick, it's horrible isn't it, but the only thing that helped me when I was preg with Patrick was to sleep when you get home from work and sleep all weekend.

It did get better for me, the second trimester was the best. But as you get bigger and you're up half the night going to the loo or just trying to get comfortable, you're tired again before you know it.

I've been really exhausted this time around too, the only symptom that has stayed the consitant! I have a 2 year old to take care of now, but luckily he still has day sleeps, so that's helped. I find the days that I'm not at work, I feel twice as bad. I have to really push myself when I am at work, so I think that takes it's toll. I haven't put on half the weight I did in the first trimester with him, and I think that's because I just can't lay around the house like I could before he came a long.

Hang in there and ask your GP/Obs if it's getting really bad and effecting your driving etc. But it's the high hormones in your body, I'd take it as a good sign things are cooking nicely!!

Veronica, it did get better after a few weeks, but then it came back again towards the end LOL.

hmm maybe I am lacking something in my diet??? I have been eating healthy for a really long time now.. Pretty much all I eat during the day is fruit, and yohgurt. For lunch I have salad and something and for dinner is normally some sort of meat. And I mainly just drink water during the day.

Is this kind of diet OK or should I be having something else to give me more energy, like some sort of juice??

I would sleep when I get home but I seem to be better when I get home from work!! I think it could also do with my lack of jobs to do at work.. I have a pretty cruisy job and I guess I am just not keeping myself active.

Yes I hear you Ngala! I was also really tired in the beginning and I found that if I ate regular small snacks throughout the day at work then that helped my energy levels. Apart from that the only other thing I did was sleep as much as I could.

I'm almost 14 weeks now and the tiredness has been a lot better over the last week. Except now that has been replaced with headaches, nose bleeds etc etc.. hhhmmm the joys of pregnancy!

I had this - before I knew I was pg I just kept pushing myself and would collapse on the sofa in the evening and sleep. I'd go to bed early and sometimes the alarm wouldn't wake me in the mornings. I have a very, very active and high-stress job.

Just remember, the placenta isn't working yet, so you're having to make half as much blood again, all the hormones the baby requires, all the energy... no wonder you're tired! When the placenta starts to step up then it starts to get better, but lugging around the extra weight starts to get tiring after that.

It did all go away, and although I do get a bit tired on Wednesday afternoon, I put that down to it being the last of my three ten-hour days I work, I have Thursday off and am back full of beans for Friday!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Veronica - my strongest symptom in each of my three pregnancies has been the extreme tiredness!

I think our bodies are working so hard putting all of those hormones to good use making a baby, that there is not much energy for anything else! It will ease, I always found I was muich better in the 2nd tri as well!

Goodluck!

I've had 7 babies and had that debilitating tiredness with all of them until about 13 or 14 weeks - absolute exhaustion. It returns at the end, but its a different kind of tiredness.

Oh darl - i feel for you, i remember the tiredness so well - hope it passes soon

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Welcome to the wonderful journey of pregnancy. Unfortunately tiredness comes with territory. It will probably pass by the time you enter the 2nd trimester, but look forward to it returning in the last few weeks. Sleep when you can, and just be kind to yourself.

Oh Ngala,

I am havig the same prob at the moment, and it is killing me especially with Tayneesha who is nearly 8 mths she is just so damn active.... Thankgod i don't work! With Tayneesha i worked all the way up to the last two to three weeks i was due and i was fine with her a little tired in the first tri but just told my boss and he allowed me to go home and rest. Your boss should allow you to do this as well - YOU ARE PREGNANT! And he has to allow you to otherwise isn't it some sort of discrimination or something?

I have found though with this pregnancy that if i take two blackmores pregnancy and breast feeding tablets (GOLD) with food in the morning i am alot better and not as tired, i still need to have though an afternoon rest or at least one rest during the day!

The 2nd tri is fine you turn a new leaf and have energy, hormones i tell you they really throw you around don't they. Anyway i hope this helps you.

Jen

Percy Guest

Ngala I think the only thing that is causing it is your baby!!! I too had extreme tiredness in the first trimester - you have to remember that that is when most of your baby is being formed. Think about what your bdy is doing right now! Its literally amazing! You are making another human being!

I used to take nana naps at lunch time in my car - just a short 30 minute nap but it really hepled. The tiredness hung around till 14 weeks and its now starting to come back.

Hi Ngala,

I had extreme tiredness until the 14 week mark. Even then I still feel tired most of the time, but not nearly as bad as the first trimester. I know what you mean about work. I used to feel my eyes close at work and I'd have to struggle to do the most basic things. I used to get to sleep early at night and tried to sleep abit extra on the weekends. it has improved alot for me, I have more energy. I actually went shopping by choice on Thursday night shopping. I would never have done that a few weeks ago. I would have been lying on the couch in a blur Good luck with it, hopefully it will get better!

Hi everyone,

thanks for your replies Looks like it is all normal because yes I am making a baby!

I am OK today but it is still only early over here. I came in to work and bit a few guys heads off but I am alright atm.. I think after this week I am going to try and have a nana nap when I get home from work. its just been tough this wk because I am going to docs, getting blood tests, tell the family so I come home and dont have time to rest. I hen crash about 8pm... I think that I might need to tell work soon, I wasnt planning to tell them until after 13wks but if I come in grumpy and tired all the time they might just think I am a b***h!

Veronica - I've been tired from the very beginning too. My tips for staying awake and feeling okay.

1. Always eat a good breakfast no matter how sick you feel.
    2. Get to bed really early each night. I go no later that 9:30pm.
    3. Take naps whenever you can. I actually have a 25 minute nap in my car during my lunch break! LOL - I know... sounds silly, but I'm THAT tired, that as soon as I put the seat down flat, I'm asleep. I just set my mobile phone to alarm so I wake up ready to get back to work.

Good luck!!!

Celsie. xoxox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast