Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired??

Default Tired??

I am almost 4 weeks pregnant (tomorrow). Is it too early to be extremely tired?? Is that the pregnancy, or am I just not getting enough sleep?? I have been so vague & tired today - my DH keeps laughing at me, stopping for a rest/sitting down vagued-out... (I am usually a bundle of energy).

Ezz I found that being tired was one of the first symptoms I had.

It got to a stage where I was falling asleep on the way to and from work on the train (lol) and usually fell asleep on the couch by 7.30pm.

It does get better but it is totally normal. Your body is working overtime making your little bub. Just make sure you get pleanty of good healthy food, heaps of fluid and rest whenever you can.

Lv
    Spring

Yes, the tiredness kicks in before anything else! Try to rest whenever you can!

Yep, can vouch for the tiredness straight away and it has now come back....... (i'm in the 3rd tri-mester)

mazzie Guest

Yeah I was incredibly tired since 4 weeks until last week, I'm starting to feel more energetic now though

Oh yeah, I was soooooo tired early on too... I found it lasted a few weeks.

Oh yeh!! I remember this. I was sooo tired that if I laid on the couch, I would fall asleep!! Without fail every night I would be asleep by 7pm. I think by the time the 2nd tri came I got back to my normal self.

Thanks everybody for your experiences - glad to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel (well, for a while anyway!!). I'm not enjoying being a "muddle-headed wombat"!! Lucky I'm almost on holidays...

Yes I have been heaps tired. It also does not help having a 11 month old who has not been sleeping that well the last few weeks either.

Yep...my first symptom was tired...

I remember having 2 nanna naps one Sunday afternoon...which is so UNLIKE me...I hate naps during the day...I realised that something else was up!!! I was about 4 weeks...

Hi Ezz Firstly congrats on your bfp and yes the tiredness is "normal". I feel soooooo tired in the early afternoons and am in bed not much later than 9.30 at night. A couple of weeks ago I slept on the lounge from 1pm and didn't wake untill 7pm and was in bed at 8.30 lol and I woke up the next morning feeling tired again. Oh the joys of early pregnancy lol.

yup besides the sore boobs, tiredness was the very first sign for me when i was about 4 wks

i can barely keep my eyes open sometimes :

you'll be alright soon enough, i am still tired, but its better than having all day sickness.

It's funny how they say that pregnant women "glow" - because, so far, I just feel nauseous, tired & have heartburn!! I don't feel very glow-y - does that happen later?? (hehe) But despite my whining, I am very excited to be pregnant - so I guess I just need to focus on that!! (as I sip my ginger soft drink & eat ryvita...).

Yes, I am almost falling asleep writing this! I haven't had really bad morning sickness or anything, just sore (.Y.) and bone-grinding fatigue! At work I just can't keep my eyes open from about 1 o'clock onwards. It is a bit dangerous as I have a one and a half hour drive home in the arvo I might need to start taking naps at lunchtime, LOL,

I went to see the Dr after work today, but then couldn't face the 1/2 hour drive home afterward - so I dropped in at Mum's for a rest on the way!! (the doctor reassuringly said "don't worry, the tiredness should go away when your 12-13 weeks!")

One of the first things I notice when I fall pregnant is the start of the afternoon nap or as we call it around here nanna nap

ej_1974 Guest

yes I was really tired too and when I fould out I was pg again it all made sense as we weren't ttc ... so straight onto the elevit for me and I was fine with a wee nap during the weekends with DH around to mind DS.
    are you taking a pg supp as you really need folate and other essential vits & mins during pg? If not, you need to get some and I highly recommend what I take, elevit as they are clinically proven to reduce birth defects and they have a high level of folate (800mgs) great iron and calcium etc. Google them for info.
    Hope tiredness passes soon!!

I'm taking folate & iodine (began that before TTC). Dr seems to think that I should be right without the multivitamins because I'm usually pretty healthy & eat well. But, if this tiredness continues, I might start looking into multivitamins. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast