Thread: TMI - itchy nipples

*TamaraP* Guest

Default TMI - itchy nipples

Some days I find my (.)(.) to be really sensitive to touch (mainly days I work) but on days I have off I find them to be ok to touch but really really itchy.

I am just wondering if anyone else suffers(ed) from this and is there anything I can put on them to maybe ease the itchiness?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Ooooh yes I remember itchy nipples, which sucks because it hurts to rub them to itch them. Ummmmm maybe some calamine lotion? I just put up with mine

Might sounbd strange but paw paw cream or amolin worked/works best for me. Mine are sooo sensitive its not funny. Some days i put bandaids on them just to avoid them rubbing on my bra.

Hugs....

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh Lanisoh might be good too, I think I've got some if you want it?

ETA: It's actually spelt Lansinoh, I always forget how to bloody well spell it
    Last edited by Tigergirl1980; April 24th, 2007 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Correct spelling on Lansinoh.

*TamaraP* Guest

Do you tink Bepanthen would work? I know its for cracked nipples from breastfeeding but I use it on Tatts to stop the itching??

I remember getting really itchy nipples too at an early stage. It didnt last too long I dont think. I think I just used normal cream for it and it kinda helped. I dont see a prob with using bepanthen..

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I reckon that would work, you can only try huh?

*TamaraP* Guest

Oh I itch them at work, we are all so open at work to the point that we are like one big happy family... LOL...

my boobs arent really sore with this pregnancy but since right after O I noticed they were itchy..and they have been off and on since..I will be 6weeks tomorrow.

My nipples were sore and dry when I was about 6-7 weeks. I put regular lotion and it does wonder. The dryness didn't last long for me.

I also had this - but it lasted for weeks (i get eczema all over them too), so it drove me crazy... and i scratched them until they bleed.

But first, did you change washing powders or fabric softners, or soap or body wash? because that night be a quick solution?

Any of those creams (amolin, lansinoh, benpathen should help). I used paw paw, and when it got back hydrocortisone cream fixed it up.

Also, maybe try some breast pads in your bra to stop the contact? Might help? Also, you can try bathing in like pintarsol (i think they have a better smelling anti-itch bath thing out now), can help. And using QV wash etc (i find hamiltons is better for my skin than QV), oil etc might help calm the skin down.

I find once the itch goes, sometimes i've iritated the skin around there so much i just keep scratching... But its so hard... My nipples/breasts are very itchy at the moment, so i know what you are going through

Also, try putting icepacks on the area, helps take away the itch when its really bad

HTH

~Belinda~ Guest

Yes I am having itchy nipples at the moment. Is it the increase of blood flow in them or something? I have no idea why they get so itchy!!