Thread: Too early to show??

Exclamation Too early to show??

I have been reading other threads about when people started showing, is it too early for me to?? I'm 9 weeks today and already certain pieces of clothing have become uncomfortable. I have always been a relatively thin person (BMI says underweight), so is it expectable to show earlier (i really have no idea!!!). I already have a telltale roundness to my tum. I haven't had a scan yet, could i be further along than i think or having multiples?? does it make a difference in this stage of the pregnancy?

People show at different times.... i wouldnt worry!!

hi there congrats on your pregnancy

i too am starting to get a bump, but its still very early for me..

but i am finding i can't do my pants up anymore.. I only recently told my mum i am pregnant (told her today actually) and she said she noticed a bump forming and had her suspisions i may be pregnant..

I haven't had a scan yet, but hope to get one on the 16th may.

I would say if you are that thin, it could be that you would show alot earlier than others, but at 9 weeks its hard to tell.

Nikki, I am definately showing already and have been for about 2 weeks now. I am only 8 weeks !! This is my 5th baby though. My first baby I never showed until I was close to 6 months preg. Lucky me. Not so for every other pregnancy. With each one I show sooner.

Congratulations on your pregnancy

Nope it's not too early, I'm definatley not underweight and I haven't been able to fit into most of my pants since about 8 weeks. I'm now 16 weeks and you can definately tell! There's no hiding it.

This is my third prg though.

*TamaraP* Guest

I am not showing, but I can definately feel tightness there now. I get more uncomfortable wearing jeans now too. I am only 8weeks, but I guess its a lot of growing going on so your body tends to stretch.

There is no right or wrong time to start showing though - I would go shopping on the weekend and invest in some nice early maternity wear pants or something if you start feeling uncomfy though.

I am showing (at 10 w) and have been since about 8 weeks. I was about 6 kg over what I would like to be when I got pg so that helps with "showing" but I read my diary from last pg and everything felt "tight" at around 8-10 weeks then. I think you can't handle pressure on your abdomen generally, even if you aren't "big", IYKWIM?

I hated anything being on my belly, even sleeping on it was uncomfy almost from the start. I could tell I had a little bump fairly early on but I don't think it was so obvious to other people. I got belly belts so I could still wear my pants but could have them a little looser

I have read that if you start showing before about 10-12 weeks that it is usually just fluid and swelling (???)

Hey everyone is different. I felt a lot bigger from about 10 weeks and i bought a couple of mat pants/skirts as i figured i would wear them for a long time (and believe me they are getting a lot of wear!!) and I would feel more comfortable. I also found shops like metallicus, kookai and witchery had some stuff that was good for this 'in between time'. I still wear that stuff now as well and I am 20 weeks and 'popped'. As long as you are comfy!!! Belly belts worked well for a while too but i found stretchy clothes more comfortable...

CatherineL Guest

I agree everyone is different.. I don't think that it depends whether you are underweight.. because i also am underweight and am not showing at all. I also have a second gestational sac from a twin that didn't fully develop... Apparently the gestational sac continues to grow though! I definately thought i would have been showing by now being so petite and with two gestational sacs.. But i have have not even a hint of a baby bump - whereas everyone in my belly buddy group has been showing for weeks!

Thanks for everyone's replies! I can't stand any pressure on my abdomen at the moment, so have had to get rid of work uniform (no use hiding the pregnancy now that im not wearing the same as everyone else in the office!!) as they were high waisted skirts and tight vests!

You tend to get bloated in the beggining of pregnancy...as I am at 7 weeks! Most of my jeans dont fit anymore and I feel much more comfortable with tracksuit pants on! I to am a thin person a size 7 before I got pregnant,.

I started showing from around 9 weeks Nikki. Pants started getting too tight and uncomfortable. There is a photo of my belly on Bub's website that was taken at around 9 weeks. I thought I was so huge... but really it was just a little bump. But, since I usually have a flat stomach, at the time it felt massive! LOL

Good luck with your pregnancy!

Celsie. xoxox

I wasnt really showing at 9 weeks but i do remember being bloated and it felt like some of my pants were more tight than usual.. but i didnt look pregnant at the time yet.

lj268 Guest

Hi Nikki
    Well first congrats on your pregnancy.
    I didnt show with my first bub til I was well and truly into the pregnancy, at 20 wks I had a tiny bump!! But unfortunately with every other pregnancy after that I have shown bascially straight away! I remember being huge for the first two trimesters then slowed down after that and everything seemed to level out IYKWIM. This time round I reckon I have shown for ages! Im only 10wks atm and I already feel like Im about 5 months along lol. I was on a strict diet before falling pregnant with this bub and only had 6kgs to go to reach my goal weight, well I guess that is gonna have to wait now lol.
    All the best with the rest of your pregnancy.
    lj

People do show at different times. The other thing is that bloating can be really bad initially and that can give you a bump. I didn't really show until 16 weeks, but a friend of mine looked pregnant from 10 weeks - she was so bloated. Good luck with your pregnancy.

I've had quite a bit of bloating but it seems to have settled now. I'm in my 10th week and have already started utilising my belly belt! I've definitely got a little bump now and the tightness is a little uncomfortable when sitting at a desk....thank goodness I can get up and roam around the joint!!!

With DS I showed very obviously at about 12 weeks...and he was quite a hefty little blighter when he was born.