Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: traumatised by this pregnancy - beware sob story

tiggy Guest

Clare,

I'm sorry to hear of what you are going through. Pregnancy can be such a rollercoaster of emotions.
    I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday

motherduck Guest

Mt thoughts are with you and hope everything works out well with you and bub.

Clare, have just been reading through all of the posts, what a lot you have had to go through recently. No wonder you're feeling emotional and worn out!

Hope that Wednesday will at least bring some relief for you whatever the results of the tests are, and that you can take some time out for yourself and the rest of your family (your poor DH's feet!). Good luck.

clare076 Guest

I have been doing a lot of research on the net today, and I am amazed that the ob didn't tell me the cut offs for high to low risk. You know low rick cut off for Tri 21 is 1 in 300, we were 1 in 278, and tri 13+18 is 1 in 100, we were 1 in 98. Now I read this I feel a little bit better. I mean if the numbers were slightly higher they wouldn't even have called us.

From what I can gather the only thing from the scan that they are suspicious of is that bubs is measuring 8 days behind in dates, however he/she is still measuring in acceptable range for dates.

I am still spotting today, but that could also be related to the internal he did yesterday. So feeling a little bit more confident now.

Clare other than talking to your OB have you thought about talking to a Genetic counsellor ?
    What State are you from ?

When i saw a genetic counsellor she was very helpful and explained so much more than the OB or Dr i saw.

Clare, I completely understand how you feel, we were ttc this one and are very excited but I have found it hard to feel pos about this pg. However the last week or so things have ben much better, so hang in there

Clare, I will be thinking of you on Wednesday, good luck

clare076 Guest

Curiosity got the better of me today.

I rang the hospital to find out ir there were any soft markers on the ultrasound that could indicate a problem. The midwife was very helpful, and went through it all with me and assures me there were no soft markers evident. Yah. She also feels that I am wrong with my EDD and maybe I ovulated later, making baby measuring ok for dates.

So, here we are today, one day closer to finding out the result, but feeling quietly more confident. I have been trying to find a genetic counsellor in Perth for some more info, so if anyone knows of any, please can you let me know, Thanks.

Clare just got your email.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh Clare marvellous news, and I agree you are sounding so much better

Oh Clare, its so wonderful that you found that midwife so helpful and supportive, also im glad that your research is making you a little more optimistic. My thoughts are still with you and your family
    x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12