Thread: Tummy Flutters?

Wink Tummy Flutters?

This morning i woke up.... with a weird...sensation in my lower stomach/abdomen. It felt like a wiggly tadpole... or tummy 'flutters'. I haven't felt anything like this until now; and i was wondering what it was??? Is it possible to feel the baby move this early on?? I'm definately positive it wasn't any gas issues. Any help would be appreciated

Hi Mysti,
    No ideas to offer you. most of my friends/family have first reported feeling the baby for the first time around 17/18 weeks (and described it as feeling like "butterfly flutters"), but maybe it's possible earlier... very exciting!

It would be very unusual for a first time mum to feel her baby move before about 18 weeks. However it is not imposable

u know i am only 8 wks n have had the same things never thought of baby moving coz its so early though?

Yeah I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and have felt some fluttering too but like noni*e didnt think anything of it.

could it be the heart beat??? is that the stupidest thing u have ever heard or is it possibly plausable lol??? clutching at straws maybe???

Default Tummy Flutters

lol, i wonder what it is then???

I guess I'm gonna have to put it down to ligaments stretching etc...... Even though it didn't feel like it, not one bit! Best thing for me to do, is to discuss it with my midwife

Hello,

I read a thread the other day somewhere about "when did u first feel bub move" and there was quite a few that were around 10-12 weeks or more.

one would assume it's more then fluid filled sac moving that u can feel than the baby itself. But it's still a lovely feeling that caused by a baby being there...