Thread: Uh oh - not very nice..(TMI)

Default Uh oh - not very nice..(TMI)

I went in to my cupboards a short while ago looking for something for lunch. The smell of the stuff in the cupboards overwhelmed me and the next thing I knew, I was at the toilet throwing up. Towards the end, when I guess my stomach was emptied, I noticed some blood in the bowl, and blood streaked in the salvia hanging from my mouth (gross I know!)

I have an appt with my doc ths arvo, should I mention this to him? Its the first time it has happened! I am also a bit sick and I have a real sore wisdom tooth and jaw.

What you think?

could just be your wisdom tooth hun,
    but yeah i would mention it to your dr for sure just to be safe, and ISKWUM about the smell of things being overwhelming my biggest one atm is cigarette smoke I smell it and thats me done even if we just drive past someone whois smoking at a bus stop so yup I know how your feeling on that one LOL

Veronica, it's probably best to mention anything a bit strange and worrying like that to your doctor. It's probably nothing, but better to be safe than sorry.

BW

Hey V,

Maybe it's from your tooth? I would definitely mention it to the dr. Sorry I can't be of more help

Thanks Guys!

I think it might be my tooth as well. I washed my mouth out afterwards so when I felt my tooth there wasnt any blood. But I will tell my dr about it anyways.

SoonToBeMum Guest

Hi Veronica,

I had terrible morning sickness when I was pg with my DS, where I was vomiting upto 4-5 times per day! I also had blood on many occasions when I vomited, this was in my mouth and in the toilet bowl (sorry if TMI), just the same as you described.

The blood was caused from heaving very heavily which resulted in breaking the superficial layers of my throat and stomach lining. It didnt hurt, but the sight and taste of blood is pretty gross. My Obs wasnt concerned about it at all, but I know how scary it is when it happens for the first time and you dont know why.

I would also advise you to discuss this at your next apptmt just to make sure everything is ok.

Take care,

Debbie Lee Guest

How did you go, Veronica? What did your Dr. say?

lol

Well you know what?! I forgot to ask!! Damn preggy brain.... I got out from appt all happy that I had talked about everything but then I remembered at home I forgot about the blood! Doh!

Debbie Lee Guest

Doh!! hehehe
    Maybe see how you go and if it happens again definitely go and see your GP?

Hey Veronica, if you've got a wisdom tooth that's sore, you might want to get it looked at by your dentist. You really don't want to end up with an infection. Although it can be treated, it's best to avoid, esp. during pg IYKWIM? There might be some things that he/she can suggest (other than taking it out - which is usually the best way to get rid of any infection!) that will keep it under control for now.

If you really do need it out, it's best to know before it really starts to give you grief so you can start planning for it. It is possible to take a tooth out under LA during pg, but that might not be necessary for you, so don't be worried about it!

If you really don't intend on going to the dentist, try rinsing your mouth out with warm salt water a few times a day. I know it's gross, but it will help with the bleeding and soreness for now. And the taste of blood when you have m/s is soooo disgusting, I know!

Good luck

Melinda Guest

I remember when I had gastro whilst PG with Ruby and also when I was throwing up badly at times with Jacob, that my OB actually asked me if there was any blood in it. He said that if there was, not to be alarmed as that kind of heaving can break little blood vessels etc.

Always best to talk to your Doc though of course!

I agree with sezjm. If you have a sore tooth you should get it checked. A tooth/gum infection can cause problems during pregnancy