Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ultrasounds

i hadnt even heard of an internal scan! i thought i was a bit of a know it all as i have about 5 books on pregnancy etc but it just goes to show i know **** and thats a scary thought!

I remember when I had my first TV scan last year. I looked at that stick and went..."your shoving that where?" LOL

That scanner got me to insert it myself. I have had several since and they have been inserted for me.

DB was abit put of when he knew our first scan would be TV. But he was so transfixed on the monitor and our baby that he forgot I was lying there with a dildo cam shove up inside me.LOL

dildo cam... lol..

I just called to make the appointment and I asked the person on the phone and she said "oh, usually they make an external one"... hmmm.. ah well, whatever happens happens and if they do need to do a TV I won't be totally thrown and think they are perverts!
    he he

will make sure to report how it goes!

Caddie, when are you going for your first scan?

love
    Snowy

Pietta Guest

Lol @ Dildo cam. I soooo badly wanted to say that when i was describing but didnt want to offend anyone!! That is totally what it looks and feels like!! I have never been asked to insert mine, they just did it. Luckily i have had the same two chicks when I have had a u/s and I am pretty comfy just sitting there with my skirt up. lol.
    I'm only recently (this year) comfy with that with DH!!! :P

as long as you relax they're fine.

snowy, i dont know when im going for my first scan.I went to drs on friday and they just ordred bld tests,did bp,urine,weight and asked me some questions.The dr asked if we had twins in the family i said no but last night mum told me my pop was a twin but he died and my dad told me that his brothers son is a little slow on the learning development(hes georgous though) So i said all the wrong things and my next gp appoint is april23 so no doubt i will be booked in then? Do you still get niggly sensations now and then?

Yep - get weird sensations still. Yesterday I had funny sensations almost all day (on and off) - that's what caused me to cut my swim short.

No one has asked me yet about family history, no one has weighed me (Monkey is intent on getting me on the scales - haven't weighed myself in 4 years so am a bit scared of that) or anything else. I am also a bit confused about the GP appt. I had 10 days ago, because she gave me a referral for blood test but I could swear she said she would do it but now I'm not sure anymore (can baby brains possibly kick in this early? i am usually such a well organized person). I think I will just pop in in 2 weeks and if she says "what the hell are you doing here" then I guess not...

Orkids Guest

I was horrified when the US lady told me I needed a TV ultrasound, but she had me insert it, and had a sheet over everything so couldnt see anything, and in the end you just forget it because you can see your little baby on the screen!! I was 6.5 weeks at my first scan.

snowy are you sure your referral slip for a blood test is not just a pathology request form as i got a request form and just went straight into the pathologists and had it all done.They took about 7 tube of blood! By the way whens your due date again?
    i have a craving for twisties the zizzag ones at the moment.they melt in your mouth.i could eat the whole packet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12