Thread: urinary tract

Default urinary tract

Hi
    I am 11 weeks preg and i think i have a urinary tract infection. Is it safe to take Ural? i havent been to the GP yet but my urine is very yellow and its a bit uncomfortable. I usually take ural and it seems to be ok but was wondering if this is ok whilst preg

Sara

Hi Sara,

I had read in a magazine that you should steer clear of any sort of sachet medications for bladder infections and cystitis and they are really high in salt. They recommend that you drink lots of cranberry juice and lots of water and if the symptons don't clear up I would most certainly be going to your doctor. I have suffered with those sort of infections for years, to the point of peeing pure blood and I know how uncomfortable you must be feeling. So don't put up with it if it gets too bad and go see your doctor.

Anita

hey
    thanks for that. i called my dr and am waiting for her to get back to me. i want to just take ural but am a bit worried so ill wait for her ok. ill try the cranberry juice and hope it works. its the most uncomfortable feeling.

Hi Sara, you should really see your GP as UTIs can very quickly develop into kidney infections and it's not a good idea to let these things brew when you are pg.

I hope you are feeling much better soon!
    :-)

Sarak
    You need to be careful if taking ural when pregnant due to itís high sodium content.
    Are you drinking enough water? Very yellow urine is a sign of dehydration. You should be drinking about 2 litres a day. If you do have a UTI you need to get it treated as soon as possible.

hi
    i went to see my GP and all was clear but she is sending the sample away to be 100% sure. But im drinking alot more water now to make sure it all stays good

Sara