Thread: Vaginal Discharge Concern- TMI Alert!

Default Vaginal Discharge Concern- TMI Alert!

Hi everyone,
    I had something happen today that I'm a bit worried about. I'm 6 weeks pregnant and today when I went to the toilet I had a thick piece of vaginal discharge. It was clearish white, thick and stretchy and I have no idea what it was - I was worried that it may be the mucous plug. It didn't have any blood in it and I have no spotting or anything. The only other thing I could think of was that DH and I BDed for the first time in absolutly ages (we've been a bit scared to since being pg).

Has anyone had anything like this happen - does anyone know what it is and should I be concerned?

Carrie

Hi Carrie,

I don't think it is probably anything to worry about, especially as you say there was no blood in it or anything.

Having said that, if you are worried at all, go to your GP/OB and get checked out.......the peace of mind is worth it!

CM and discharges do seem to really vary in pregnancy, so it is probably nothing but hormones, but always best to check!

Thanks Lucy,
    I might give the nurses at MIVF a call tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed that it's nothing bad.

I get that a few times, I had it in early pregnancy too, a big thick bit of discharge that was stretchy,
    i didnt worry about it, but if you are concerend id get ti checked out

take care
    Lesley

Melinda Guest

Hey Carrie,

The discharge seems to alter a lot in PG, so it's definitely different to what you're used to. It doesn't sound like anything sinister to me, but just to set your mind at ease, chat to the nurses and see what they say. But I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about.

Thanks guys - you've set my mind at ease a little. Still, I'll speak to the nurses tomorrow - just to be sure

Thanks again
    Carrie

Carrie - I have had that a few times too, sometimes it's even a little yellowish. As the others said, check with the nurses (and let us know what they say!). My ob said nothing to worry about though.

colleeg Guest

carrie i have had that also, especially in early pregnancy. Sometimes you can even feel the discharge coming out, but as the girls have said it does alter from time to time but let us know what the midwives say.

Colleeg