Thread: Very Dry Skin!!!!!!

Default Very Dry Skin!!!!!!

I have the driest skin my arms, legs, back, backs of shoulders, face and really bad dandriff.... ARGH driving me nuts... It gets itchy on the tops my legs when im sitting down.. I use body butter and sobolene cream and nothing gets rid of it..Dandriff shampoo does nothing to get rid of dandriffl... Has anyone got any suggestions on a cream i could use instead...

Hi Janeo.

I have been suffering from dry scalp and skin as well! I have started using bio-oil on my legs, tummy, hips, breasts etc. It is meant to help prevent stretch marks but works as a great moisturiser as well. On my scalp I also use a moisture-rich anti=dandruff shampoo, but a few nights a week I am rubbing baby oil into my scalp before i go to bed. Then I wash it out the following morning. My hairdresser recommended this to me and so far things are improving. Hope this helps...good luck!

Thank you soooo much i will do that for sure....

When that happens to me, I take some fatty acids supplements. I always find I get it when I'm not eating much protein. My legs were horrible bad and irritated, so I got a fish oil supplement and taking that on top of my blackmores pregnancy supp. and it's clearing it up already.

I get very dry skin too sometimes and I find that Rosken skin repair helps. I find it in Woolies, but i never see it in Coles. Its very "juicy" and moisturising on my skin.
    I also have some moisturising oil.. I think its the Palmers Cocoa Butter Oil. Not the cream, but its actually oil, though I'm sure the cream would work too.

ETA: someone once told me you could get evening prmirose oil capsules and break them open, then put the oil onto the dry skin. Supposedly a good moisturiser. I havent tried it before though so cant tell you any feedback on that one.
    Last edited by Karina; November 4th, 2006 at 07:10 PM. Reason: adding something