Thread: Water

Default Water

when i first found out that i was pregnant i began drinking at least 2 litres of water a day to avoid constipation and just to be more healthy. now i am 7 weeks pregnant and i seem to have developed an aversion to water. i can drink it if i force myself it just makes me nauseous. do you think it is ok to put cordial in the water or drink juice. i dont want to put on excessive amounts of weight as i already started off pregnancy 10kg overweight, or should i just force myself to drink it. any advice?

kirsty Guest

Try diluting it very weakly with cordial or fruit juice, which ever takes your preference, & see how you go. You may find at some stage that you will like drinking it again.

Try a diet cordial, or maybe a squeeze of fresh lemon.

sherieb

I agree Diet or sugar free cordial would be fine, or sucking ice?

Maybe put a little bit of lemon and lots of ice in it? Also diluted juice would be fine.

I found i had this problem aswell. I just put a little bit of cordial for tate in it and it was alright.

I had the same problem and just put cordial in it, or would have cordial with soda water which I found easier to tolerate.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

I LOVE my water, but as soon as I was 7 weeks, the very thought of it made me want to puke, so I did not drink enough and ended up with headaches - so I put lemon cordial and it worked a treat. Now at 12 weeks, I'm back to the plain water... My adivse, better to have a little bit of cordial with your water to stop dehyrating, than be worried about the sugar or what not... good luck...

I read somewhere that flavouring the water with a bit of lemon actually helps you to absorb it too.

But I lived on very weak ribena during the first tri. That went down pretty easily, coz I was the same, plain water just didn't sit well.

With this pg I found I went off water and still can't drink it unless I force myself. I will usually drink juice or cordial.

I find sparkling water much easier to drink than still - you may want to try soda water or sparkling mineral water?? Also, try crunching ice. I lurve ice!!
    If you drink juice, try to dilute it say 50/50. Juice is very fattening without all the great fibre of fruit!
    You could try herbal tea? Chamomile is really good when you are pregnant and breastfeeding. You have to be careful of some teas though.

Fi

thanks for the tips girls. i guess i will just use very diluted cordial for a while and hope that i will again like drinking water. its funny actually, i thought i was a bit of a wierdo to have an aversion to water of all things. thanks again.