Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waves of CM

Red face Waves of CM

Does anyone have CM overflow? Sorry for being so descriptive, but the past week, I constantly feel so "leaky"... I've been having so much clear CM that gives me a weird feeling. Sometimes, it just makes me so paranoid that I find myself constantly in the bathroom checking to make sure that it is not something else. I did some researching on the internet, but found it unhelpful as they don't really say much about vaginal CM discharge in the first trimester... it's not bloody or brown, I guess I should not be so concern, but I am just wondering if anyone is experiencing this or is there anything I should be concerned about?

Hi Carmen, I had lots of clear watery cm early on, and still get it now occasionally. Somedays it's creamy too. I'm pretty sure you don't have anything to worry about, but you could talk about it to your Doc or Care giver if you are really concerned.
    Congratulations by the way!!

JaZMum, thank you for your reply. I think it's time for me to relax... I've been running to the bathroom so often for the past few days. And it was driving me insane!

I get that quite a bit too - I also rush to the bathroom, just in case!! I think I'll feel much more comfortable once I get to 13 weeks & stop worrying so much!!

Ezz, I have heard some women continue to have CM discharge even in their second trimester! I guess we should be relieved that it's not spotting, but the feeling is definitely unpleasant!

All the best with your pregnancy!

Thanks Carmen. I think I will just feel more comfortable all round once I have had that 12wk scan & know that things are going ok. I know things can still go wrong after that, but the chances are lower, aren't they?

Carmen, congrats on your pregnancy! I remember asking the exact same question early in my pregnancy too! I was assured it is totally normal. I think for me it stopped around 13 weeks.

Smile

I still have CM every day or so now, totally normal. (I'm just over 10 weeks)
    From 4-7 weeks it was every single day for me.

Invest in panty liners, lol.

Ezz, as far as I know, the first trimester (first 12-13 weeks) is the tough one... usually, women who pass through this stage is considered much safer.. of course, anything can happen, but I would say that chances are decreased dramatically!

Karina & tracey, it's so good to hear that I am not the only one going through this "yucky feeling" I felt so uneasy when I had CM just about 1-2 week(s) ago. You both can't believe how crazy it drove me (checking on myself every 15 minutes)! Yes, I have invested in some panty liners! I think they are definitely worth while. I must say that it feels werid investing on those being pregnant!

I'm hoping that it will cease around week 12. (just two more weeks) Finger crossed that all goes well!

Panty liners are the best lol

Another one here who takes frequent trips to the bathroom because of CM...not the most pleasant feeling...panty liners are definitely the way to go.

Ahhh...the joys of pregancy..but i wouldn't change it for anything

Finally, waves of CM seemed to settle down... Occasionally, there's still a bit, but not much! Thank God for this peace of mind!

dannik Guest

Hi Carmen2 i had a phenomenal amount of cm in the first trimester; I remember that I went on holiday to Broome with a girlfriend got off the plane and felt like i had wet my pants, i had a massive wet patch and i thought that that was it. Spent the day at Broome hospital thought the sack had broken and end of baby but nope was just alot of discharge and now i have a v healthy 8 month old girl! so no stress!

I am trying again now and think i could be pg however my cm levels are low, my period due next week did anyone get lots of cm before their period????

I have the same... and i did not have it with DD.... i was a tad worried but i guess if it doesnt smell or causing problems then its fine! Im still going to check with my GP next week though!

dannik, thank you for your reassurance. I must say that CM got me really worried because one can never tell if it's CM or leakage of amniotic fluid. Right now, it seems to settle down, but occasionally, I still get some. I guess I will have to live with this kind of worrying until my baby's out. By the way, did you have CM only in your first trimester or was it an overall pregnancy symptom?

dannik Guest

Hi Carmen mainly in the first trimester and then at the very end when i was losing my plug! that's an experience!!! believe me you wont stop worrying until the little bubba arrives and even then you dont stop. You will never not stress again! Sorry to freak you out!!

Carmen I am so glad you posted about this. I have had CM since I found out I was pg and it has eased off a little but is still there. Sometimes it is creamy and for the first 2 weeks I was going to the loo to check what it was. It was a really weird feeling like you say. Something you couldn't control which was odd and I don't get that feeling now which is nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast