Thread: weekly development??

Default weekly development??

hi girls i am new to this forum and i am in my first pregnancy. i am 5 weeks at the moment. (actually doctor wrote on a form 5.5) i am just wondering how do you figure out the exact date/ day that your weeks changes. some people know that they move from e.g. (week 6 to 7) on a saturday how do they know this? thanks

Hello Hollo!

This has always been confusing to me too! I work it out from my U/S dates and whatever day that falls on, I use as the day my week changes (ie if due on a Tues, then 40wks starts then). Nothing can be worked out accurately though, as not many babies come on their EDD. Hopes this helps!

Cheers, sherieb

Hi Hollo

The only way to know your exact dates is to only have sex once a year.

The most accurate way to know your sates is from your first U/S and even this can be out by 1 week either way.

Fee Guest

It's from the day of your last period ... that's all I'm going by because I haven't had any scans yet.

So my last period was on a Saturday - so every Saturday my week changes. Today I am 9 weeks.

There are various pregnancy calculators on the web - just do a Google search. Or even go to a ticker website and get a pregnancy ticker. You will just have to put in the date of your last period and then you'll have your countdown.

Same as Fletch, I took it by the date of my last AF which was a FRiday until my first u/s @ 9 weeks brought me forward 2 days so I then changed it to a Wednesday

Oh and welcome to BB and congratulations on your pregnancy

Hmmm

good question... I know my week changes on the thursday- so this thursday i will be 25 weeks.... but for the life of me i cant remember how we worked it out. Its "right" as at the midwife apps, the midwife askes me how far along I am- ie 22 weeks, 3 days, and then my answer is always the same is what his little wheel chart thing says....hmmm must have been worked out from our LMP (our 1st scan and lmp both give same EDD!!!)

Welcome to BB Hollo.

I was the same as Fletch, I calculated it by my last day of AF but then I had an u/s and I was 2 days ahead, so I then went by that.

thanks, girls. this may sound like a dumb question but what does AF mean? thanks for your replies.

Not a dumb question at all. AF means 'aunt flo' (your period). There is a list of commonly used abbreviations and jargon used on this site on the 'introduce yourself page'.

cheers, sherieb

thank you for your reply and explanation, i will check out the abbreviations.