Thread: Weight

Default Weight

Hello all, I am just wondering what weight you were when you fell pregnant and how much roughly should we put on throughout our pregnancies.?

I'm about 15kgs heavier than my pp weight. I think I could've put on less weight but I was kinda of the (unhealthy) mindset, I'm putting on weight I may as well enjoy it....not the smartest move.
    Best wishes with your pregnancy

I weight about 4 KG more and i am only 23 weeks.. so i need to stop drinking soft drink more water and more veggies!!!!
    Its not worth getting gestaional diabetes or preaclampsia..

best of luck

First of all you can find an estimate based on your pre-pregnancy weight and height via a search in google for 'pregnancy weight calculator'
    I was 54kg, 164cm pre preg (i'm not 58kg at 21 weeks) and i got an average weight gain of 13.6kg or between 11-16kg which was made up of
    ME:
    Uterus 1.1 kgs
    Breasts 0.5 kgs
    Blood 1.4 kgs
    Water 1.9 kgs
    Fat 3.8 kgs
    Subtotal 8.6 kgs
    Your baby:
    Fetus 3.4 kgs
    Placenta 0.7 kgs
    Amniotic Fluid 0.9 kgs
    Subtotal 5.0 kgs
    Total 13.6 kgs

Although with my first i went from 52kg to 75kg (luckily i lost most of it and got back to 54kg, although cause my boobs grew so much i recon thats where the extra 2kgs are, lmao)

Ooops i meant im now 58kg not im not. lol. My preg brain makes me type stupid things. lol.

Catherinemoses- i know how u feel i did the same thing the first time round

Didispunk- I'm the same now i love soft drink im using all my willpower not to drink it more than once a week, even though i'd love to have just a glass a day. lol

I put on about 20kg in the pg... not enough exercise but i ate really well.
    A friend of mine have put on exactly the same amount in different pgs, one she ate really badly and didnt exercise, the other she was the oppersite and it made no difference.

My best advice, enjoy your pg, eat well and dont beat yourself up for a little indulgence now and then and dont focus too much on your weight - there is a reason that OB's dont weigh you at every visit now - some people put on very little, others put on tonns and sometimes neiter affects your bubba.

My DH use to say to me that my extra weight is me protecting our baby, if i got sick there were some reserves for her! (i wasnt huge thou)

Enjoy your pg and get off the scales