Thread: What can you take for a headache when you are pregnant?

diamonds Guest

Default What can you take for a headache when you are pregnant?

Am 5 weeks and for the last 3 days have had a bad headache. What can I take for it that is safe?

As Kate has mentioned Panadol is fine to take while pregnant but stay away from asprin.

Yep panadol is fine to take and apparently panadiene is too but I would try the panadol first and see how you go. Good luck I hope it goes soon.

Yes panadol and panadeine but definatley no asprin.No ibfufen too.

I agree with the girls panadol and panadeine are fine

Vicky Guest

Default headaches

I suffer from really bad tension headaches and have done for years. I stopped taking Nurofen Plus at the start of 2005 when we started trying to fall preganant. I was concerned about how I would cope with a headache without my supply of Nurofen Plus.I was struck down with a tension headache a few weeks ago and after phoning my doctor was told I could safely take up to 6 panadols in a 24 hour period without any harm but with a big glass of water. Two panodols and half an hour later the headache was gone. It is amazing that I survived 2005 without any headaches and then when I did get one, it took as little as two panadols. Says alot for Nurofen Plus...seems that were contributing to them! \/

Vicky Guest

Default headaches

I suffer from really bad tension headaches and have done for years. I stopped taking Nurofen Plus at the start of 2005 when we started trying to fall preganant. I was concerned about how I would cope with a headache without my supply of Nurofen Plus.I was struck down with a tension headache a few weeks ago and after phoning my doctor was told I could safely take up to 6 panadols in a 24 hour period without any harm but with a big glass of water. Two panodols and half an hour later the headache was gone. It is amazing that I survived 2005 without any headaches and then when I did get one, it took as little as two panadols. Says alot for Nurofen Plus...seems that were contributing to them! \/