Thread: What date would you go off?

Default What date would you go off?

Hello

ok, a bit confused about what date to use as my due date, everyone (Drs & FS) is going off my LMP, which makes me due 15th December, but I don't think I ovualted till around CD 20 (was tracking temps) so would be due 21st December.

What date would you go off?

I guess the main reason I ask, is I am having a scan with my FS on the 6th May, as my FS likes to do one at 8 weeks. I will only be 7 weeks, so am worried we wont see much?

I also like the idea of the 15th December due date, cause that means I am a bit further along?!?!? sad I know

You will get an exact due date the further you are along. Maybe wait an extra week for when you think you are 8 weeks, either way if you wait then you will see more and get a more exact ultrasound I personally never had one that early, and my first ultrasound was at 15 weeks and they gave me my due date then and it has never changed.

I have just had this debate with my doc and midwife. Going by my lmp my edd is 10 July but I didn't ovulate until cd 20 and fertility friend gave my and edd of the 16th.

My 7wk scan gave an edd of 18 July (I actually waited one extra week to have the scan than my doc suggested just in case they couldn't find any thing). Then my 13wks scan gave me an edd of 10 July and my 20wk scan gave me a edd of 15 July.

I have insisted that we go by the 16th of July because I know my body and I don't want to be induced too early.

HTH

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

When they do the scan the size will give a slightly better indication.
    Due dates based on LMP are based on a 28 day cycle with ovulation around day 14. It's harder to calculate EDD if your cycles are longer or shorter.
    I think have the scan when it's scheduled and see what that shows.

Take the later date!

It takes the pressure off and won't do your head in by the time you are in your final weeks!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I should add that when I was preg with DD I took my chart in to show the doc and we did the calculation based on LMP and date of ovulation and there was only 1 day difference and all my scans agreed with this. DD came 4 days early.

I think if you have 2 EDD that are within 2 weeks of each other then they don't mind so much? I remember when they done my 20 week scan they said they will confirm my due dates with my first scan that was done somewhere else and the doc said that as long as they are within 2 weeks of each they will be happy. At my 22 week appt they told me that my due dates matched perfect and will be staying the same. But it seems alot of due dates change.

I'm with Lulu, take the later date, which gives you more time before an intervention towards the end.

I'd go by the later date too. Particularly if you know that's when you O'ed - that's pretty conclusive IMO. And like Lulu said, it's frustrating going post-EDD (even though it is totally normal) so I'd take the later date so your less likely to go as far over IYKWIM?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Take the later date!

It takes the pressure off and won't do your head in by the time you are in your final weeks!
    :yeahthat:

I happily went with my 20wk US result which gave me an extra week to my best guess conception date. There is no chance at all it could have been a week later because there was no horizontal tangoing between the date I know and the BFP, lol. Being a girl I know I ovulated after now, so I am certain my EDD is in late (Prolly 26thish) June, but they have 03/07/09. This way if I go over - again - they aren't going to be bleating on about inductions and whats "best for baby".

I have 30th on here because I often go over - and 30th is the absolute worst day I could be in hospital in labour - so that sounds about right.

Due to some complications with my pelvis they want bub out as soon as it is safe for her. I went with my latest EDD, so that means that they will take her when I am least concerned about her being 'undercooked'

Thanks everyone for your super fast responses!!

It is just frustrating that no one will listen when I tell them I am due on the 21st

Hopefully my FS will listen to me, and put the 21st on my referal. She of all the people should know I never ovulate on day 14 (never usually O at all!!)

I may re evaluate when I have my scan, see what it says! Hope I see a little heart beat then!

Thanks again!
    Last edited by figlash; April 15th, 2009 at 06:00 PM.

So tell your friends and family you are due on the 30th......you won't regret it!