Thread: what do first movements feel like

Question what do first movements feel like

ok the other night i had this feeling in the middle down low it was like bubbles and then kinda like i could feel something touching or brushing past on the indside...
    i am only 11wks 5days is it possible i felt my baby move?

That could be your little bub. Most people describe either bubbles or butterflies. I think I would describe mine as more of a butterfly feeling.

oh wow i hope it was its pretty early but like nothing ive ever felt before.... how exciting... do u think it was a once off coz like i havn't felt since should i start expecting it regularly now or not worry about it?

I had the butterfly feeling with pg 2 - it went away after awhile, and was replaced by actual kicking and thrashing about (much preferred the butterflies!)

mads thats kinda what it felt like for me like something brushed past

I would say that you more than likely won't feel anything regular at this stage. Don't worry about it though...it will get to the stage where you wish sometimes they would settle down cos they feel like they're gonna kamakaze kick you right through!!...lol.

lol ozziehoffy at kamakazie kicking me

For me it was airbubbles and scrapping feeling at around 15wks with DD. The movement were not regular nor every day. Don't worry if you don't feel it again for a while, it may happen during the night whilst you are sleeping and you may not feel it. You don't need to worry about regular movement until later on.

Mine felt like a big bubble popping for the first week or so, and I first felt them at 15weeks.