Thread: what do you need to stock up for before bubs come?

colleeg Guest

Default what do you need to stock up for before bubs come?

Hi all
    just a bit of a refresher really, but can you all give me a run down on the basic items to stock up on before your baby arrives appart from clothes and furnature, supermaket stuff ie Nappies?

Thank Colleeg

hey, i dont think i really stocked up on anything, except nappies and things for me like breastpads and maternity pads etc etc as thats what i was told to stock up on.. glad i did with the pads too as i leaked like there was no tomorrow!

id like to hear peoples suggestions too

take care
    Lesley

Hi Colleeg,

HERE is a previous thread written on what you need to get...
    HTH!

Thank link helped me so much when I was PG!!

But as well... stock up on all the stuff that's used everyday... so wipes, baby bath, have a few dummies & two bottles even if bf, for water later etc.. (btw warm cooled boiled water really works for wind!) I bought something in every shop and didn't have to buy anything for MAtilda for two months and that was great.

hi coleeg, go to the target website, and follow the baby link. they have an essentials list you can print out which is pretty good

Scarlett Guest

We have been adding stuff to our trolley every shop from the baby isle. We have tried to grap stuff that we know we will use like wipes, maternity and breast pads, nappy cream, disposable nappies when on special, baby bath. Hopefully this will tide us over for a while.

colleeg Guest

its a great idea, i will have to start to do that, its amzing how fast time goes by!

I like the idea of putting a couple of things in the trolley a weekor fortnight- im sure we will really appreciate it when the time comes.
    Breast pads and Maternity pads wasnt somthing i though about stocking up on, but once you have them your set!

colleeg

Also don't forget non baby things as well - if you have the room, stock up on toilet paper, cleaning stuff, paper towel, etc etc.

If you're going to use disposables - still get about 7 cloth nappies. They come in REALLY handy for over your shoulder, laying baby down on, fix littly mishaps etc etc

OMG!!! I am so totally out of practice...seriously this has freaked me out, I have forgotten about so much.

Nell - Great idea about stocking up on non baby things, my DH wouldnt even know what brand of TP to buy, let alone realise when we have run out.

I think I will head to the shops this afternoon and pick up some essentials.

Do you know, I was telling DH the other night about all the things that I have to take to the hospital, he thinks I have lost the plot as I totally forgot that I need toiletries, I just looked at him blank when he mentioned it.

I think I will start on my list very soon. Arrrgghhh!!!

colleeg Guest

Yes Nellbe, how good of an idea is that!
    like this on special eg, laundry powder may as well stock up so you dont have to duck out of the house in the early times!
    your right though everyone just needs a litte few tips to get them moving!

you guys are great! =D>

Thanks for the tip! That's a great idea to stock up on the non-pg stuff too. I'll have to start doing that. I have to give back my company car when I'm on maternity leave - so when DH has the car I won't have the chance to duck out and get anything last minute...

FROZEN, HOME COOKED MEALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If any friends, MILS, sisters, brothers or whatever have a specialty dish they love to cook, get them to make a batch for you to put in your freezer. You'll end up living on toast after baby is born otherwise!

The thought of being at the mercy of DP's cooking skills again fills me with dread (look, at least he tried). A good nourishing meal will help your mind/body better than a roomful of toilet paper!!!

Cheers
    Lulu2

Scarlett Guest

Nel - that is a great idea about the non pg stuff, will start doing that this week.

I agree, great idea Nell.