Thread: What do you think?

Question What do you think?

My HCG levels have been basically doubling quite well.

However, on Saturday they were 10,321 and today they were only 11,741. Would anyone be worried?

I know I should ask my OB but he didnt say anything to the receptionist. She said "Dr. H told me to ring with the results and yes they have increased"

hCG doubling is only at first - it does slow down a bit after a few weeks (can you imagine the work the placenta would need to do to double those figures? Making 10k U/L in 7 weeks then another 10k in 2 days is quite a stretch; I think it should be fine. So long as your hCG is still growing that's a good sign - have you checked out the "normal limits" in the sticky here?

Your HCG levels seem fine to me not everyones doubles.
    Will you be having them tested again ?
    If your worried about things ask for a ultrasound you should get to see the HB now.

When are you having an ultrasound Dan, as that would give far more info on the state of your pregnancy than your blood levels now? ie. heartbeat and measurements.

Jac is right after 6 and a bit weeks the most accurate way of checking on the pregnancy is via ultrasound. Your baby will be measured and if the measurements roughly equal dates that is really good and of course the heart beat and it's regularity and its rate. I would definitely request an u/s. Wishing you good things...

Yep - it does slow down as the pg progresses. If you are still concerned definately have an u/s...it'll put your mind at ease